What to get? New or Used?

1 reply to this topic
  • WRNoob

Posted July 20, 2005 - 02:56 AM

I'm looking at getting a bigger bike (poor old TTR250 cant hold my 115kg's)
I have narrowed it down to a WR as the KTM it too tall for me and a little twitchy for my liking (I'm old :eek: ).
I'm looking at a new 05 450 but want some feed back on how much better (if any) it is over the older models and if its $$$ cost for the new one is a better idea.
P.S hi all this is my first post here. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bg10459

Posted July 20, 2005 - 04:49 AM

I paid $3500 USD for my '03 about 4 months ago. It was in real nice shape, very few miles. Granted, the '03's are "full of problems" :applause: , but less than $500 in upgrades fixes all. Compare that to a new bike at about $6500 - $7000, and I have lunch money for a year :eek: However, when buying used, definitely consider the source. Performance wise, I have no complaints with the 03, it rips, but I haven't ridden any other year WR either.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.