kick start

8 replies to this topic
  • deanlikesstella

Posted July 19, 2005 - 05:03 PM

does anyone know how stop the thing from coming lose is it a case of using thread lock. :applause:

• Winkel

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:48 PM

Yes. Use thread lock, and I put a paint pen mark on mine so I can see when it starts to move.

Winkel

• wr450fyamaha

Posted July 20, 2005 - 09:53 AM

well, if i had a kick starter, i would probably have a solution but.......

• miguelitro

Posted July 20, 2005 - 11:13 AM

well, if i had a kick starter, i would probably have a solution but.......

&%$#@! is your problem you friggen post whore :eek: :) :p

you never contribute anything valuable here in this forum nor do you even ride a honda right??? get out and stay out, we dont want you. :p

now for the ? at hand-

i have found that loctite doesnt make any difference on this bolt loosening.
It needs to be a routine thing to check like befor every ride(do while warming up your bike to check the oil)

its just a 12 mm socket, crank the effer down, well not too much you know but pretty friigen tight and forget about til you ride again. I actually only check mine about once a month so thats every 5-10 rides. i always check it befor doing a long ride especially baja :applause:

Hope that helps and sorry for ranting at that WR post whore idiot,
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted July 20, 2005 - 11:22 AM

I think I've just gotten lucky. Never does my kickstarter come loose? **Knock on wood**

• frankstr

Posted July 20, 2005 - 06:43 PM

Locktite it and torque to 20 ftlbs and don't worry....mines never loosened yet.. :applause:

• miguelitro

Posted July 21, 2005 - 01:47 PM

I thought the same as you Frankstr, but then one day befor a ride in baja i was waiting in the parking lot for the group to arrive and thought what the hell i'll give my bike another once over and guess what-loose kick starter!

This is a real problem albeit a small one unless you lose your KS inn the middle of nowhere(and who rides in the middle of somewhere???)

I recommend checking it and check ing it again and and agian.

oh and dont forget that pinche right side foot peg:D
Sucks i gotta take off my skid plate but better than having it go loose and sheer off the bolt!

• frankstr

Posted July 21, 2005 - 06:16 PM

I do check bolts on a regular basis, along with everything else when I service it.... Have yet to find the kick start bolt loose......... :applause:

• Troy_Bell

Posted July 21, 2005 - 08:52 PM

I think I've just gotten lucky. Never does my kickstarter come loose? **Knock on wood**

Ya, me neither. However, all this talk has got me worried, so tomorrow I'm going to take a look at her . . . finally.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.