black plastics for the yamaha wr450???

13 replies to this topic
  • zoebat

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:22 AM

is this the sad truth that there is no possibility to find black plastics
for the yamaha wr450? :eek:

i live in austria and didn´t find them yet.
please give me some advice where i can get some!
this should be a birthday present for my boyfriend!
:applause:

• chipwich

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:42 AM

what a girlfriend! :applause:

• stink

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:16 AM

Pm a member named Kuznik. He has black plastics. He got them in Canada, but I am sure the company is American. Cheers S.
P.s He might even sell you his own.

• zoebat

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:38 AM

this could be a good advice!
do you know how i can find him? i had a look at the members but i didn´t find his name.

thank you very much!

• zoebat

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:39 AM

i will be a good girlfriend. but only if i can find the plastics!!!
:applause:

• colo-mikey

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:52 AM

Here you go, it was listed under District of Columbia
here

• allan68

Posted July 19, 2005 - 07:56 PM

Just bought some black side panels off of E-Bay...

Al

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:56 PM

You can get them through www.yamaha-motor.com.au or your local yamaha dealer. Have a look at the website in Y-shop under tanks, seats and plastics and they have black radiator shrouds and front mud guards listed.

I would give Ballards a call on 02 4731 1210. They even have black fuel tanks although they are about $400. You might have to get a YZ tank and seat though if you want black.

An Idea for the rear guard would be to do what I have done - get a YZ rear guard for it. I have an Acerbis LED tail light extension ($83 from ballards) to hang my number plate off.

You will be able to see what I am on about if you pick up magazine DIRT ACTION july 2005 edition, on page 28 and 104.

If your man reads ADB, have a look at june 2005 edition page 98.

The YZ guard requires some cutting on the left hand side because of the radiator coolant bottle, but I fitted mine up in less than 1/2 an hour. The fitting of the LED tail light (very cool indeed!) requires some wire connecting but is also basic to do.

It is a bit of an expensive exercise to do but no doubt it would look super cool.
Have fun looking, but as I said earlier, give ballards a call and they will help you out. They have exellent customer service and their prices are good.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:56 PM

I have all black plastics including gas tank(Clarke) on my bike. They are all Acerbis YZ plastics and they all fit fine. Some very minor "tuning" may be in order, but it is really no big deal. If you go into the Pics and Vids forum, do a seach for me, you will find pics of my ride. ISBB, posted them for me cause I dont know how, or I would just post some now. You can PM me with an email address and I will send the pics if you like.

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted July 22, 2005 - 07:01 AM

I have all black plastics including gas tank(Clarke) on my bike. They are all Acerbis YZ plastics and they all fit fine. Some very minor "tuning" may be in order, but it is really no big deal. If you go into the Pics and Vids forum, do a seach for me, you will find pics of my ride. ISBB, posted them for me cause I dont know how, or I would just post some now. You can PM me with an email address and I will send the pics if you like.

Hey B n B, can you post a pic of your bike? I'd like to see the black Clarke tank. I blacked out my WR too, but went with the Zip Ty clear. Thanks.

JB

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:27 PM

Digital, NO I cant. I am too retarded. :applause: :eek: I will bump the thread in the pics vids forum. Or I will PM ISBB and see if he can.

• zoebat

Posted July 23, 2005 - 12:45 AM

my e-mail is :

4bat@gmx.at

thank you very much!!!!

• zoebat

Posted July 23, 2005 - 01:07 AM

i found some items on this site. like black radiator and black front fender.

but the problem is that i live in austria and i think that i cannot order them
it is not possible to select the state austria :applause:

• 5valve

Posted July 24, 2005 - 12:33 AM

maybe auner.at has them

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.