3 replies to this topic
  • CuLayTur

Posted July 19, 2005 - 07:20 AM


I need to replace the accelerator pump diaphragm in my '98 wr 400 and when I did a parts search, I found they have 3 optional part numbers and one standard.

What are the optional diaphragms used for... Are they different size, different material to limit the amount of spray? Do any one know?


  • Conan_'dale

Posted July 19, 2005 - 09:41 AM



Check out the JD Jetting site www.jdjetting.com They have replacement diaphrams that might help you figure out which one you need... Get the JD jetting kit if you don't already have one they rock! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CuLayTur

Posted July 22, 2005 - 11:39 AM


I ordered the JD Jetting kit and it just arrived. The current jetting I am using is a little tempermental for the higher elevations. I'm guessing JD is on vacation since I have not seen a response to a email I sent.

And ways, I was just wondering if the different diaphragms are stiffer to limit the duration. I did the "BK" equivilent for the '98 already by using the "RC" collar.


  • clark4131

Posted July 22, 2005 - 11:55 AM


The diaphragms have different length studs on them to either increase or limit the travel over stock. I have three different diaphragms for my '05 that I'm going to play with to see which works best for my altitude, 5000'+...SC


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.