Enduro 426 vs wr250f

3 replies to this topic
  • daverehm

Posted March 08, 2001 - 03:38 PM

I rode my first enduro last week and only made 24/25 miles due to the key holding my flywheel on splitting. I bought the 2001 wr250f today. Anyone know anything about this bike? I got tired of trying to turn my 2000 yz426 into a wr. We'll see what happens in my enduro next week. Happy riding.
I will deffinately take suggestions in riding.I haven't ridden in 15 years. I seemed to be in everyones way more than anything. I am still going to shorten my pro tapers to 29 or 30 inches. I think I will try 30 first.

------------------
God Bless

• Mojo

Posted March 08, 2001 - 04:03 PM

I just did my first enduro last weekend too. Hadn't been on a dirtbike in 20+ years. It was a gas on my wr426. Started at the back. When I wanted to pass someone...no problemo. Don't know much about the wr250. I'll be listening into those riding suggestions though.
Good luck.

Oh yeah, it's a good idea to try your handlebars at 30 first, unless your a good welder and all....aww, you know what i mean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted March 08, 2001 - 04:28 PM

30" is where the levers will just clear your handguards when the perches are just beginning to enguage on the bend of the handlebar.
You could go shorter, I guess, if you cut the levers down.
This has been my experience...

• daverehm

Posted March 08, 2001 - 05:11 PM

Thanks, I will try 30 inches and see if that works.
If I ride my new wr250f monday for 2 or 3 hours, and then again 2 or 3 hours Sat, will it be ok to ride a 80 mile enduro Sunday? I'm just wondering if it will broken in enough.

------------------
God Bless

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.