what exhaust to use on my yzf400

5 replies to this topic
  • renagadecoupe

Posted July 18, 2005 - 05:59 PM

i just recently purchased a pro circuit t4 and a big gun race.if anyone has used these which would be better for my bike i will be racing mx.and do they make power from where in the power range.any help would great newbie to the thumper

• YZ400FPower

Posted July 18, 2005 - 06:58 PM

Um........i like FMF, thats what I run. I dont think that you will notice a huge diff in the Hp department. The power band will change though. With my FMF it gave a big hit(in the MID Range). I rode a 400 with a big gun and it smoothed out the powerband(felt weaker to me).. i could hold onto each gear longer than my bike.

Hope that I helped!....Keith

• YZ400FPower

Posted July 18, 2005 - 07:02 PM

Mostly 2nd gear and up....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Vetmxrider

Posted July 18, 2005 - 07:25 PM

I had the chance to ride my bike (02 YZ426) with the FMF Powerbomb and the Pro Circuit T-4 on the same day/track. For me, the bike would "bark" harder coming out of the corners with the T-4 so I went out and purchased the P.C. system. Good luck! :applause:

• yz_for_me

Posted July 18, 2005 - 08:13 PM

It seems to me since you already own both of pipes it would be a cinch to try both and use which ever one you like best. :applause: After all, you're the one who's going to ride it. Who cares what we think. :eek:

• renagadecoupe

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:35 PM

i've not yet tried either exhaust cause not sure of jetting issues.would like peoples opinions of experience with these two pipes.if you own one what is your jetting,i live in georgia

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.