Posted July 22, 2005 - 07:03 PM

where in mt are you yz_for_me?

I'm in Great Falls.

• spdfrek

Posted July 22, 2005 - 09:21 PM

ah,a ways over there

• yz_for_me

Posted July 23, 2005 - 10:30 AM

Yea it is. I just drove to Sidney MT (near the MT/ND border) this week. That is a long freekin drive across some very empty country. Where are you at in North Dakota?

• yz_for_me

Posted July 23, 2005 - 10:41 AM

Anyone know of any races in Montana or semi close to Bozeman that I could get started in???

There is going to be a grand prix race in Great Falls on Septeber 18.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spdfrek

Posted July 23, 2005 - 11:24 AM

Yea it is. I just drove to Sidney MT (near the MT/ND border) this week. That is a long freekin drive across some very empty country. Where are you at in North Dakota?

About an hour and a half from sydney :applause: Grassy Butte,small town.70 miles from Beah ND,just north on 85 from the interstate

• gmoss357

Posted July 25, 2005 - 12:14 PM

YZ4ME,

You've got one, so I'll ask. Compared to the WR I have, would the YZ450F be a good way to go for a better handling, lighter hare scrambler. I find myself ready for more power. If I put a rekluse in one, I won't need the E-start and I'll shed some weight. That's my thinking any way. I started a thread, but I thought I'd ask here also. I've tried a KTM 300EXC- too much bike, terrible susp compared to the Yamaha. What do ya think? Good move? :applause:

• ripntear

Posted July 25, 2005 - 05:29 PM

gmoss,

I have owned several KTM 300's and I'll tell you that the YZ450F is way more bike than the 300. Don't get me wrong, the 300 has plenty of punch and is overall one hell of a bike, but the torque from the 450 will make the 300 seem tame in comparison. I'm not sure which WR you have but I would ride a YZ450 before you buy just to make sure it fits you.

ripntear

• gmoss357

Posted July 26, 2005 - 04:46 AM

gmoss,

I have owned several KTM 300's and I'll tell you that the YZ450F is way more bike than the 300. Don't get me wrong, the 300 has plenty of punch and is overall one hell of a bike, but the torque from the 450 will make the 300 seem tame in comparison. I'm not sure which WR you have but I would ride a YZ450 before you buy just to make sure it fits you.

ripntear

ripn,

I've got an 03 WR250F. I could handle the power of the 300 if it was smoother on delivery. I guess I'm not a 2 stroke guy. As far as the 450 goes, the power, i would think, would be more managable. I have a friend with a WR 450 that I could get right, but I'm trying to get away from the extra weight. I'm 210 lbs, so the 450 is not too big a bike. I JUST NEED MORE POWER! :eek: :applause: :)

• ncmountainman

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:36 AM

ripn,

I've got an 03 WR250F. I could handle the power of the 300 if it was smoother on delivery. I guess I'm not a 2 stroke guy. As far as the 450 goes, the power, i would think, would be more managable. I have a friend with a WR 450 that I could get right, but I'm trying to get away from the extra weight. I'm 210 lbs, so the 450 is not too big a bike. I JUST NEED MORE POWER! :p :) :p

hey gmoss, if your in the market for a light wr my 04 is about as light as the same year yz,i've removed the starter,battery and most other junk,and it has most all the yz parts except,its a 5spd,its faster than most wr's :applause: i'm lettin'er go cheap PM me and i'll give ya my phone # :eek:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.