Why does my WR have a coolant overflow under the rear fender?

33 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted October 11, 2005 - 04:10 AM

1/3 full is where it needs to be. I have logged on a gizzilion miles on my WR and the overflow bottle is still there. :banghead:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted October 11, 2005 - 07:19 AM

1/3 full is where it needs to be. I have logged on a gizzilion miles on my WR and the overflow bottle is still there. :banghead:

Ditto..... I've pretty much smashed everything on my bike but the bottle is the one thing that keeps hanging in there.. (literally) :banghead:

Photo of the bottle hangin tough!

Dan

• ISBB

Posted October 12, 2005 - 05:50 PM

i just wanted to get that cleaner yz look and was curious if i could ditch the bottle and use a yz subframe since those are easier to find than the wr subframes... Riding in the dunes i usually do a good 30 - 45 min clip of 4th gear style riding and there is plenty of air to cool the thing... i have only had my bike get HOT on me once and that was in the middle of the summer just before dark when it was still over 100 out..

• SPDFRK450

Posted October 12, 2005 - 06:35 PM

The only problem that I have had is when it gets dirty its hard to see your coolant level.

• ARin

Posted October 12, 2005 - 07:03 PM

im thinking about draining the bottle, plugging it up, and just storing some extra fuel in there...for the one or two times i have been coasting home on fumes.

• tony1970

Posted October 12, 2005 - 09:56 PM

I want to drain mine and put Jack in it. Then run the tube up to the bars and presto...Insta Bar! :lol: :banghead: Just Kidding. :banghead:

• ARin

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:05 PM

I want to drain mine and put Jack in it. Then run the tube up to the bars and presto...Insta Bar! :lol: :banghead: Just Kidding. :lol:

THAT SIR, is a freaking fantastic idea!!! make mine macallan single malt though! :banghead:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tony1970

Posted October 13, 2005 - 06:51 PM

THAT SIR, is a freaking fantastic idea!!! make mine macallan single malt though! :banghead:

Damn! Getting spendy! Single malt it is! Bikes, booze & guns. WHAT A COUNTRY! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

• ARin

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:49 PM

Damn! Getting spendy! Single malt it is! Bikes, booze & guns. WHAT A COUNTRY! :banghead: :lol: :lol:

not spendy if you get your macallan 10 year at trader joes, under the trader joes name brand. :banghead:

Posted Image

• tony1970

Posted October 13, 2005 - 08:52 PM

not spendy if you get your macallan 10 year at trader joes, under the trader joes name brand. :banghead:

Will do. Thanks for the tip. :banghead:

• MotoGoalie

Posted October 15, 2005 - 10:02 AM

http://img.photobuck...verflowtank.jpg

Those of us YZF guys that trailride our bikes make this little overflow tube from $3 worth of parts. :banghead:

I've seen it filled several times when scrambling up hills.

• ARin

Posted October 15, 2005 - 05:21 PM

http://img.photobuck...verflowtank.jpg

Those of us YZF guys that trailride our bikes make this little overflow tube from $3 worth of parts. :banghead:

I've seen it filled several times when scrambling up hills.

is there a tutorial on making that??

• MotoGoalie

Posted October 16, 2005 - 10:51 AM

is there a tutorial on making that??

I did a search in the CRF forum and I think I have a link in our YZF450 forum.

Search coolant overflow bottle or something like that. :banghead:

• ISBB

Posted October 16, 2005 - 02:36 PM

well i pulled the tank off this past weekend and routed it down to where all the other vent hose's go... i will take the bottle with me this weekend when i test it out in dumont.. if its dumping too much coolant ill just put it back on.. :banghead: Ill letcha know how it goes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.