WR400 Needs A Soft Seat

4 replies to this topic
  • Tiny

Posted July 18, 2005 - 01:57 AM

I have a 98 wr400. The bike is awesome however, the seat is rock hard. Any one have any suggestions or know of a specific seat to be soft? I currently have switched the CEET wide foam. If is better but still not soft. This seat and the OEM seems to be harder that most MX race bike seats. I am surprised based on this bike purpose. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• mmdoctor

Posted July 20, 2005 - 09:20 AM

try www.gutsracing.com. they make aftermarket seat foam in different levels of firmness. i think the foam is around $60.00 and the seat cover will run you another $50.00 or so. i don't have one myself, but others on this site rave about them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rockieman

Posted July 20, 2005 - 09:32 AM

This will come off as a smart ass response.....my best advice is to ride it, ride it and ride it. After a while you'll get used to it. I have an IMS seat/tank on mine and after the first couple of rides I thought I would never get used to how hard the seat is. I have done 200+mile days on mine and as you would expect ....I have had my share of monkey butt.
Another obvious point is to stand more...especially when your back side is feeling it.

• byggd

Posted July 20, 2005 - 01:11 PM

I have the B3 from factory effex

makes it a little harder to get my leg over when mounting but then I sink about 3" into the seat and its all worth it :applause:
02 wr426

• vmxr

Posted July 20, 2005 - 01:54 PM

I kind of agree with rockie. I put the Guts tall foam kit that Guts recommended on my 00 400 and while a big improvement in comfort it was way too tall for me. So I installed an sdg seat. While not really a comfort seat, it was more comfortable than the stocker. If you have enough inseam you might be a candidate for the guts or effex seats.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.