Brothers 426 KILLS my new 450 ????

29 replies to this topic
  • Domenic_WRF

Posted July 19, 2005 - 10:43 AM

Sorry, I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe... :applause: If I am wrong.. can you come set up my WR? :p

:eek: Just FELT faster :p

I know my 450 will pull two gears higher up any hill compared to the 400 :p But the 400 just had that crazy two-stroke snap and would rev to the moon.

Not to flame anybodies 450...I love mine and handles much better :) and takes care of me on the trails :p

• FTD

Posted July 19, 2005 - 01:52 PM

I could eat up most the 03 and 04 WR450 but the 05's seem to run better. Anyone agree?

• Domenic_WRF

Posted July 19, 2005 - 03:06 PM

I'll be in Idaho come October if you want to ride mine :applause: Nampa to hunt with a friend, then up to my families ranch in Grangeville..Going to bring the WR and see how the riding compares to NorCal :eek:

• drewpeacock

Posted July 19, 2005 - 04:40 PM

I did notice his 426 has some weird numbers scratched on the back side of the cylinder. ???

It might have a big bore kit. Cylinder shops engrave numbers on the outside of the cylinders for warranty reasons.

• Iluv2fly

Posted July 24, 2005 - 07:45 PM

These KTM's you are beating must be EXC'S because there is no way the 426 has more power than a new 525SX. I have rode both and there is no comparison.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted July 24, 2005 - 08:20 PM

Actually he's a way better rider but that's not it. We drag raced side by side and I rode his bike.......it's the bike......way more power. My dealer said they did the grey wire, throttle stop screw thingy, and airbox mod to mine. Left the stock baffle in. I did notice his 426 has some weird numbers scratched on the back side of the cylinder. ???

The problem I see here is "Left the stock baffle in". I don't think that you can change the exhaust insert on the 05 WR450---but if you change the muffler and re-jet it will wake up! Stock feels like a 125 4 stroke then after the re-jet it feels like a missle!It will hardly run with the stock exhaust!

• JDOregon

Posted July 25, 2005 - 08:09 PM

I can beat my buddy's '03 YZ450F on my 02 WR426 (really just a wide ratio YZ now). K&N Filter really made a difference. We've traded bikes, race up hills, etc., usually I win or we tie. It bugs him...

I told him to make it fair I'd turn on the headlight, he didn't laugh...

• FTD

Posted July 26, 2005 - 06:25 AM

And my saying about my WR... "It may be heavy... but it's slow."

• jwriott

Posted July 26, 2005 - 11:13 AM

These KTM's you are beating must be EXC'S because there is no way the 426 has more power than a new 525SX. I have rode both and there is no comparison.

If you are referring to my post, it was an 03 KTM 525 EXC and an 02 KTM 520 MXC. I beat them repeatedly on my 426, no problem. I'm not saying they are slow, it's just a YZ timed WR that's fully opened up is a fast bike.

• 5valve

Posted July 27, 2005 - 01:10 AM

in my opinion, as I rode EXC and SX 525, comparing to my WR400 and friends 04 450, they are both much more powerful, wich makes them harder to ride, drag...to a more stick to the ground bike
I dont say WR cant wheelie, and do it in the 4th gear, but KTM just rises front by itself and on the other hand it has very little power in the low compared to the yammi

never rode 4 stroke YZ though but Im sure smaller displacement has less of a power

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.