hows fast will ayz450f go

It really depends on the gearing.... You could probably pull a 15 front and 46 rear and pull close 120 with flat ground and a tail wind... Keep in mind this would make 1st gear feel like stock 3rd.... You would want to have freshly trued wheels, the effects of not being true at the 100mph is not fun.. :applause:

They say a stock 03 450 does the same spped as a 426....I think its a little shy of that though.... I read in a artical that they used a radar gun and clocked a 426 at 85mph in stock trim.....

. You could probably pull a 15 front and 46 rear and pull close 120 with flat ground and a tail wind...

<sigh>

You know, I promised myself I would ignore these threads, I guess I lack self-discipline.

To do 120 mph w/ that gearing would require about 14,000 rpm, and that is w/ perfect traction. I'm not sure if a stock 450 has the hp to overcome the wind resistance to do 120 even if perfect traction was possible.

15/46 gearing will get you in the 80s, maybe even high 80s, but that is about it.

i was told in the crf450 forum that 450's do 100mph

A stock CRF will almost make 100, maybe 97 or so, on dirt, very hard dirt, w/ 15/45 gearing, which is a whopping 28% taller than stock. It will pull this gearing, but I doubt anything much taller is a realistic possibility.

<sigh>

You know, I promised myself I would ignore these threads, I guess I lack self-discipline.

To do 120 mph w/ that gearing would require about 14,000 rpm, and that is w/ perfect traction. I'm not sure if a stock 450 has the hp to overcome the wind resistance to do 120 even if perfect traction was possible.

15/46 gearing will get you in the 80s, maybe even high 80s, but that is about it.

A stock CRF will almost make 100, maybe 97 or so, on dirt, very hard dirt, w/ 15/45 gearing, which is a whopping 28% taller than stock. It will pull this gearing, but I doubt anything much taller is a realistic possibility.

I thru the number out there....Seems you did the math and I was at leat close.....I think you are little off saying that 15-46 will get you mid eighty's though.... The bike in stock trim will get you that.....

That said, you should be able to pull over a hundred with that gearing.....But I suppose I didn't do the math so I am all washed up..... Thanks for correcting me.

:applause: