Wow!!!!!!!

11 replies to this topic
  • flatnacker

Posted July 17, 2005 - 03:12 PM

I got to take my bike for the first ride since putting the new WB E exhaust on and installing the JD jetting kit. And wow what a difference!!!! It was seriously like a completely different bike-unbelievable!!! I had been dissapinted with it prior to this, but now Im grinning ear to ear. It feels like it should, crisp and oodles of power. Pops the front wheel no sweat and pulls everywhere. If anyone is still running stock jetting and exhaust you HAVE to get rid of that crap!!!!

• Matty05

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:15 PM

Wicked!!!!

I have ordered a Procircuit Ti GP system from Ballards, my mate got one for his yz too! It should be here this week some time.
I can't wait to smash the standard one against a telephone pole or something!

How is the jetting kit??? I might just have to get one now ya bastard.
I might have to invest in some hotcams or Athena big bore kit next.

• flatnacker

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:28 PM

The jetting kit has made a hell of a difference-its idles a lot smoother and the power delivery is a lot crisper, besides if you are changing your exhaust you will definately need to re jet, these things come out soooo lean-the original main in mine was a 160, I put in a 168 just for starters!!

• Matty05

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:35 PM

Mine has a 165 in it from factory???

It is about right for now but I do have a 168 and a 170 sitting around.

What came in the kit?

• flatnacker

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:39 PM

Mines a 2003!! The kit comes with 2 needles-one for high altitude/high humidity the other for low altitude/low temps and around 5 main jets. Takes hardley any time to swap over the needle and main and besides so many guys on here have posted there jetting experiences it takes the guess work out for you!!

• Matty05

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:41 PM

Sick! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodjy

Posted July 17, 2005 - 07:30 PM

Goodonya Knackers, looks like the Jetting did the job. Did you disconnect the grey wire? I did on the weekend and it seems to idle a lot smoother, can't tell if it goes any better up top yet, will need to wait until I go bush. I got the tightass syndrome so won't go the exhaust yet. I reckon I will see what I can make for the standard unit.

• flatnacker

Posted July 17, 2005 - 07:48 PM

Nah I havent touched the wire yet, until someone can tell me exactly what it does its staying put, anyways my bike is running great just how it is.
My WB pipe only (relativley of course) cost $248 brand new delivered from the states. If your interested I can give you the guys info?

• rtrolli69

Posted July 24, 2005 - 10:29 PM

Hey Guys,I want to give you a shout from the states.New Mexico to be exact.Clip your gray wire all it does is change the ignition mapping from WR to YZF..the ignition is the same on both models the WR uses a ground for its mapping the YZF no ground so by clipping it theres no ground it thinks its on a YZF model, Re jet & needle change and aftermarket exhaust and hold on...Nite & day... Team PTR

• WR450Rob

Posted July 25, 2005 - 09:39 AM

While the WR comes somewhat lean from the factory, it's NOTHING compared to the YFZ!! My 04 YFZ came standard with a 158 main and a 42 pilot. Just a jetting change and the other free mods result in an easy 5-8 HP gain over stock. Granted it doesn't have a throttle stop, but just about as bad with the stock jetting. Yamaha doesn't want anyone with an "off-road" machine powered with the 450cc YZ motor to go fast I suppose.

• Matty05

Posted July 25, 2005 - 02:52 PM

While the WR comes somewhat lean from the factory, it's NOTHING compared to the YFZ!! My 04 YFZ came standard with a 158 main and a 42 pilot. Just a jetting change and the other free mods result in an easy 5-8 HP gain over stock. Granted it doesn't have a throttle stop, but just about as bad with the stock jetting. Yamaha doesn't want anyone with an "off-road" machine powered with the 450cc YZ motor to go fast I suppose.

Your YFZ has 440cc not 450cc.
That is not lean jetting, this is lean jetting - the CRF450X in Australia comes with a 145 main jet!!!!

• Asgeir

Posted July 26, 2005 - 02:19 PM

My WB pipe only (relativley of course) cost $248 brand new delivered from the states. If your interested I can give you the guys info?

Where did you get yours at this price ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.