What is missing?

4 replies to this topic
  • fowler175

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:06 PM

Okay, I just bought an 04 YZF450, and I have found that there is a plug or something missing on the front/top of the cylinder, just above the headpipe. I am not sure if there is supposed to be a rubber plug, or some kind of oil bypass valve or what. Something is definitely missing, as oil sprays out of it when it is running. I have checked the manual, as well as an online microfiche, but they have no details of it. Anybody know what is supposed to be here, or any alternative to plug it? :applause: I would appreciate any input.
Thanks

• fowler175

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:14 PM

OK, I found out that it is just a spot for an alternative decompression kit. I guess I will just order a plug for it. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:24 PM

Don't replace it with the same piece of (plastic) that Yamaha stuck in it, which, incidentally is item 15 on the camshaft Chain page of the parts manual, because it will fly out again.

Use one of These Plugs instead.

It's highly probable that there is automotive steel or brass cup plug you could find that would do the job, too, but it would be a little harder to install, and, of course, you'd have to hunt for it.

Also be sure to check that your breather tube is not pinched or blocked. That's the usual cause, but the OEM plug is so flimsy that it will drop out just because it's Saturday.

• NAFLASH

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:24 PM

or you can get this....http://shop.thumpert...p/qmr-03dpb.htm
Posted Image

• NAFLASH

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:25 PM

hahahah nice
my bad

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.