to the bars

3 replies to this topic
  • coyote222

Posted July 17, 2005 - 07:16 AM

I finally cratered my stock bars on my WR450 in a desert race and have never really looked into replacing bars. So many options, sizes, and specs, kinda got me wondering which bars would be the best replacement. I am a small rider, but heavy on the gas. Any suggestions ???

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 17, 2005 - 11:14 AM

After bending the uncounted number of 7/8" bars, I got a set of Protapers and I've had them for years. They cost basically the same as regular bars except that you have to get adapters or a new top triple clamp. I went for the new top clamp but I got a pretty good deal so the cost wasn't that bad. I have crashed bad a bunch of times but all that happens is that the forks get tweaked in the clamps. All I have to do is loosen the pinch bolts, straighten everything out and retighten the pinch bolts and I'm good to go.

Protapers has a lot of different bends to choose from, too.

And they look good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:19 PM

I suggest the GYTR fat bar and triple clamp set.

Here in Australia, nothing comes close to the value of this combo from Yamaha.
It is a nice adjustability and a sweet gold colour too!

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted July 17, 2005 - 08:52 PM

I have had both the Pro Tapers and Renthall Twinwalls. Both are great. Both are tough as hell. For me, I like the Twinwalls better, no real reason, I just like them. Pro Tapers are a little cheaper, both take the adapters to fit. Either of them would be a great choice.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.