New to site

3 replies to this topic
  • 93gt

Posted July 17, 2005 - 03:41 AM

Hi! My name is Jim. I am new to the site. I just sold my 01 Bombardier DS650 (could not get comfortable on a quad being raised on bikes) and bought an absolutely mint 99YZ400F. I got a killer deal on it from a guy who just didnt ride it enough to keep it. It has around 5or 6 hours of use -no BS! I got the bike, a nice Thor hemet, some Thor pants, some goggles, and kneepads for $3000. I was wondering if any of you have put a trail light kit on one of these, and whats involved and what the best kit is available. Also is there anything I should be concerned with about the bike? The guy I bought it from was meticulous and he changed the oil and cleaned out the screen and all, so I dont see me doing anything right away. Thanks!

• viggen

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:21 AM

2 thursday's ago I purchased a 99 YZ400f, it' has more then 5-6 hrs but I payed $1600 for it & I also received a helmet, gloves, boots & some misc parts.

I talked to the prev owner last night & he suggested that I scheck for loose screws at every ride.

I am also thinking of the trail light kits, but they are $400-500 :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 93gt

Posted July 17, 2005 - 05:00 AM

Wow! I thought I scored big! Im not at all disapointed with how much I spent though. In my area, it seems people want way too much for their toys! I sold my wheeler for 3800, and that puts 800 in my pocket for whatever- a light kit most likely!! I see Dakar has a couple different ones that Ill be checking into.

• viggen

Posted July 17, 2005 - 06:21 AM

yea, I was in the process of fixing my 1986 yamahe TT225 which I purchased new back in 86. It's been sitting since 91 & I had it mostly torn apart. Then I remembered a friend who I met via a fish website was into motorcross & I mentioned to him about riding sometime. He informed me that he was selling his bike so he could get a bigger fishtank. So I asked him what he was going to ask for the bike knowing it was $1000 or so more then I could afford & he said he would sell it to me for $1700. A day later I offered him $1600 & picked it up 2 days later. It's was a deal I couldn't afford to pass up :applause:

I was thinking of adding lights to my bike as well then I was thinking electric start would be nice so possibly I might go with a WR 45o next year

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.