Putting on a Teraflex...

11 replies to this topic
  • zackm58941

Posted July 16, 2005 - 10:58 PM

Hi everyone, well one of my buddies with a xr650l just bought a new teraflex monster tire for his bike and let me just say it has been the biggest bitch to frekin mount! Its a 4 ply tire, I dont remember what my MT21's are but they went on&off within 10mins. Anyways, the first tube we popped b/c it got pinched in one part and guess what happened with the second? Oh it popped to, pinched again... We felt like frekin fools b/c of this, I mean come on, its just tires right? So I think he's just gonna bring it to the dealer and let them deal with it instead of spending another 11$ on a new tube. For those of you out there who have mounted this beast, whats your tips or secrets? I cant believe I'm getting beat by a tire :applause:. Chime in if anyone wants to.

Thanks,
Zack

• BRP27

Posted July 17, 2005 - 05:41 AM

I put on a teraflex using this thread first shot :applause:
http://www.thumperta...ght=tire change

• Graffix50

Posted July 17, 2005 - 05:43 AM

Be sure to partially inflate the tube, this help with pinching. Leave the tire out in the sun(to warm up) for like 30min. or so.

Don't give in. You can do it!!!!!

• zackm58941

Posted July 17, 2005 - 09:53 AM

Thanks guys! I just bought this tire changer, will write back when all finished up. Tire changer

• needsprayer

Posted July 17, 2005 - 12:38 PM

First try, it was way easier than a Michelin BAJA tire.

• Rover31

Posted July 17, 2005 - 08:29 PM

Thanks guys! I just bought this tire changer, will write back when all finished up. Tire changer

Hey Zack we have that it works great!
Travis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zackm58941

Posted July 17, 2005 - 08:33 PM

Awesome, I got the base changer at their store but they didnt have the motorcycle atachment there and they cant order stuff either. So i ordered it online and should be here in 10-15 days, ugg. Cant wait to try the thing, did u bolt ur to the ground?

• bork

Posted July 18, 2005 - 04:17 AM

Hey graffix50 , where in Fl? how do you like tera-flex ? Do you ride woops fast and do you notice the extra weight ? I'm do for new tire. I currently have the mich dessert and like, but center knobs new aren't very tall.

• Graffix50

Posted July 18, 2005 - 07:03 AM

Hey graffix50 , where in Fl? how do you like tera-flex ? Do you ride woops fast and do you notice the extra weight ? I'm do for new tire. I currently have the mich dessert and like, but center knobs new aren't very tall.

I'm in Orlando and ride big scrub in Ocala allot. It's lots of whoops and sugar sand. I don't notice the weight at all. It's a great tire with load of traction.
I have about 500 miles of dirt and maybe 100 miles of pavement and the tire is about half way. A new terrorflex has very large center knobs, you won't be disappointed.

I came from an mt21 and it's not even close in the dirt, might be a little better on the street.
Only down side to a flex is riding behind it!!!! :applause:

• bork

Posted July 18, 2005 - 07:43 PM

I'm riding the dixie dual sport Sand Spur ride . Are you ? I'd like to see tera-flex.

• Graffix50

Posted July 19, 2005 - 04:03 AM

I'm riding the dixie dual sport Sand Spur ride . Are you ? I'd like to see tera-flex.

I'll be there!! My Buddy's bringing his DR650 and he might have a brand new Tera Flex on. It's impressive new. See ya there.:applause:

• justicedone

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:17 AM

I had the shop mount mine on the rim for $20 and did the rest myself, also changed to 14/48 Sunstars at the same time. Was a huge upgrade, and am very pleased with the tire and gearing. Although the tire raises the bike about 1.5 inches over stock at least. But the traction on street is fine (breaking in it will slip a bit for about 10mi.) And the dirt traction is unreal !

Be careful if your fallowing a TeraMONSTER

I have some pics in my garage of the tire up close and installing if anyone wants a peek.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.