help needed!!

1 reply to this topic
  • Dirt_rebel

Posted July 16, 2005 - 05:50 PM

i have a 98 wr400f.. yesterday, my bike juz died on me while i was trying to tune my newly installed 2nd generation yz carb..at first the bike runs fine but there's a flat spot up in the midrange, n slight popping when decelarate..wat i did was to move down the needle clip 1 notch down to richen it n turn out the fuel screw a 1/4 turn..bike started easily..rev up the bike for a few times n there a slight throttlesnap bog then it suddenly died on me...bike cudnt start any more...now the bike will give a loud backfire when i tried to start...
i tot i had fouled my plugs so i tried changing new plug..but still refuse to start n i pulled out the plug n found dat it's wet with engine oil :applause: ..
i also juz found dat i had a kink in my crank breather hose.. cud it be becoz my valve seals damage due to the kinked breather hose :) i still have compression on my bike...n i checked the plug sparks n it seems ok...i'm thinking dat the valve seals r gone... :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dirt_rebel

Posted July 16, 2005 - 06:12 PM

help needed b4 i open up the engine....anyone?? :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.