Suspension PSI Settings Anybody??

2 replies to this topic
  • bigboredbiker

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Can any of you guys tell me what pressure should be in the forks and rear shock on a '98 xr600? Mine are showing 1psi on the front which seems a little low to me, also is it air or nitrogen in them?? As far as I know all the shockers are stockers but I could be wrong seeing as the previous owner was a chimp with a cheap adjustable If you wonder why I said that, you've not just spent 8 hours trying to sort out the electrics....on an xr for gods sake! How simple can you get?? So if he managed to butcher the engine, electrics and the oil drain plugs, god only knows whats in the oil and propane???? Kinky....Cheers guys

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted July 16, 2005 - 07:59 PM

The front are air.

• marioct

Posted July 18, 2005 - 12:02 PM

The manual states that we have 0 psi with no pressure on the front end(up on a stand). I know, sounds wierd but that is it.

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.