Fender Bag. Anyone have one of these?

16 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted July 16, 2005 - 11:43 AM

http://www.dirt-bike...rdura_bags.html

Anyone tried one of these? I was considering the Balistic fabric but these Cordura one's are 1/2 the price. Wasn't sure of the quality.

Also, which would fit on the rear fender of a Xr650?

Anyone?

• jackrabbit tx

Posted July 16, 2005 - 12:13 PM

Good timing on the post, I was just going to make a post about the bag I just got. I looked at the link you made and I would not be happy with the looks of the quality.

I just got the rear fender bag from Moose racing. It cost about ten moor bucks but its so worth it. I'm on a 2002 XR650L, I have installed a low profile rear light kit from 4strokesonly :applause: I instale the moose bag last night and its like the light kit and the bag where made to go together. The moose bag takes up the space between the old bag and the rear light. Looks so much better.

If quality is what you want I suggest you look in the Moose bag. :eek:

• rokklym

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:30 PM

Dirtbike gears products are top quality, made in the USA. I don't know how well the read fender bags, but the numberplate bag I have is great.

• drex

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:53 PM

http://www.dirt-bike...rdura_bags.html

Anyone tried one of these? I was considering the Balistic fabric but these Cordura one's are 1/2 the price. Wasn't sure of the quality.

Also, which would fit on the rear fender of a Xr650?

Anyone?

Hey, Slow! I have the ballistic bag from dirt bike gear and it's super strong, extremely well made, and holds a ton of stuff. The only issue I have is that I installed it a little too tight so I have lost some space due to the curve of the fender. Good luck!

:applause:

• WheelsUp

Posted July 16, 2005 - 03:04 PM

Both the ballistic and cordura are very nice bags. I have one of each. The ballistic is going to survive anything. The cordura is going to survive anything short of a nuclear attack.

The only issue that I've had was the zipper can tend to walk a bit. In the photo above, notice the little tag next to the zipper? I loop a twist-tie through that tag and through the end of the zipper and my cellphone stays where it belongs.

With the large ballistic bag and the inner bag, this is much less of an issue, but the large ballistic bag is... well... large. If you have a top-mounted taillight like the WR250F, then stick with the medium cordura.

• jws

Posted July 16, 2005 - 06:32 PM

I like my Moose bag :applause: Had one on my 600 now on my 650 :eek:

Posted Image

• frankstr

Posted July 16, 2005 - 07:23 PM

I have the Moose bag on my rear fender, don't think I could ride without it.. :applause:

• goblin127

Posted July 16, 2005 - 07:54 PM

Ive got a moose on the front one on the bars and after seeing that rear bag ; well its tempting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jackrabbit tx

Posted July 17, 2005 - 04:16 AM

Hey Goblin how dose that number plate bag work. Do you have a 650L? Dose the bag interfere with the head light? Or dose it fit good?

• rokklym

Posted July 17, 2005 - 08:48 AM

Hey Goblin how dose that number plate bag work. Do you have a 650L? Dose the bag interfere with the head light? Or dose it fit good?

Get the dirtbikegear.com number plate bag, its much beeter than the Moose. I have the moose dual sport front fender bag and I'm quite happy with it. I really like Moose products, but their number plate bag isn't as good.
The dirtbikegear.com bag has 3 mounting straps per side that mount to the bars and also down to the fork legs, that way it doesn't move around.

• goblin127

Posted July 17, 2005 - 02:28 PM

The fit was fine the second time I put it on. Didnt have the straps rooted right the first time. The two products I have are made very well. I have not seen the dirt bike gear bag so I cant compare.

• TimBrp

Posted July 18, 2005 - 03:36 AM

I have the rear 10" ballistic bag with the inner bag. Makes working on the bike easy. And if you have another bike I'd reccomend getting the inner bag so that your tools can be transferred easier. Top notch stuff and taxes/shipping are included already in the price. Way better than the moose bag I had. You can actually fit longer tools in this one.

• skyriver

Posted July 19, 2005 - 08:12 PM

Which of these bags would work best with a ProMoto Billet RACK-IT? I have a bag that is pretty flimsy, but is similar in size to the Cordura bag and stays put with a small bungy. Despite the easy solution I've found, I would like something that is more durable for the long run. The rack can handle a pretty large bag... just have to keep it back a ways since I'm tall and don't want to get popped in the butt on a steep downhill. Something that has straps on the bottom or side or bolts would work well.
Thanks.

• HondaXR650L

Posted July 21, 2005 - 09:27 PM

:applause: Thanks for the info, I need a new bag for my 02. I tried dirtbikegear.com and that did not come up, Moose did. Any other web sites to shop around and compare prices?

• Old_Man_Time

Posted July 21, 2005 - 09:36 PM

Chase Harper makes the bags for Moose. They make both a number plate bag and the fender bag. The difference is if you buy it directly from Chase Harper it has a lifetime warrantee. They will replace it free when it wears out. :applause:

http://www.chaseharper.com/

Here is a link to their unconditional warrantee:
http://www.chaseharp...om/Warranty.htm

• HondaXR650L

Posted July 22, 2005 - 04:48 PM

:applause: Thank you for the info. I,m going to check it out!!!

• Supplicate

Posted July 22, 2005 - 05:43 PM

Chase Harper makes the bags for Moose. They make both a number plate bag and the fender bag. The difference is if you buy it directly from Chase Harper it has a lifetime warrantee. They will replace it free when it wears out. :applause:

http://www.chaseharper.com/

Here is a link to their unconditional warrantee:
http://www.chaseharp...om/Warranty.htm

:eek:

thats really good to know.

I've had moose rear fender bags on all my bikes except the new one, and I am still debating on that one if I am actually going to put one on it or just continue to pack everything in my camelback.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.