stock 05 wr450 exhaust mod

23 replies to this topic
  • flatnacker

Posted July 19, 2005 - 06:15 PM

Where in the hell are you goingto be riding from sea level to 8k?

• WheelsUp

Posted July 19, 2005 - 07:14 PM

I think you can probably get away with just changing the main and tweaking the fuel screw. You'll still be a bit fat in the mids, but it shouldn't put the hurt on performance like a main jet running 10 numbers too high. If you're not going for competition, you should be okay.

Remember, the main meters into the needle jet, which is what the needle rides in. Smaller main means less fuel available for both the mid and high end.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WheelsUp

Posted July 19, 2005 - 07:16 PM

Where in the hell are you goingto be riding from sea level to 8k?

We've got some BIG hillclimbs here in California :applause:

Seriously... I think Gorman is around 6k. My home field is 200ft below sea level, and I can go from there to 1500 in one ride easy... maybe higher.

• crooks420

Posted July 20, 2005 - 06:30 PM

Well, maybe 8000 ft is a stretch, but sea level to 6000 ft is more likely; California does have some good mountains to ride, and you can ride very close to sea level in Baja.

Jesse

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.