Blowing back light bulbs

11 replies to this topic
  • Neil Claydon

Posted July 15, 2005 - 11:49 AM

Does anyone have a cure for this problem.
XR650R , stop and tail bulbs blow with a monotonous regularity. Two bulbs on a 90 mile round trip.
Cheers Neil. :applause:

• JackAttack

Posted July 15, 2005 - 12:09 PM

I had the same problem once. I think it is from the vibrations inthe rear fender and not so much electric.

So....I started riding AROUND stuff like Yamaha's and DRZ's.....instead of just riding OVER them. Worked for me.

Maybe change to LED. Plenty of posts on it.

:applause:

• Neil Claydon

Posted July 15, 2005 - 12:14 PM

So....I started riding AROUND stuff like Yamaha's and DRZ's.....instead of just riding OVER them. Worked for me.

You have to catch them first, Look in my garage
Neil.

• ghoti

Posted July 15, 2005 - 01:00 PM

I adjusted my pedal so the light was always on accidentally. Took a while to figure out why it kept popping the bulb.

• captb

Posted July 15, 2005 - 01:58 PM

I had that problem with a aftermarket T/Lamp on my 600R, I found a bulb that had a hook in it that supported the filament in the middle, it was a factory Toyota taillamp bulb, I think, I just run the stock lamp on my 650R and I added another small 94 bulb for the brake lamp in it (rubber socket) no problemo.

• roadcam

Posted July 15, 2005 - 02:27 PM

on some real old Hondas, the tailites would quickly fail if the headlight wasn't on ... in the days of the old selenium rectifiers

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BWB63

Posted July 15, 2005 - 03:23 PM

I had the same problem once. I think it is from the vibrations inthe rear fender and not so much electric.

Maybe change to LED. Plenty of posts on it.

That is right, if you look the filliment is broken. I went LED and that fixed that.Or you could ride a lot slower :eek:

• Neil Claydon

Posted July 15, 2005 - 03:44 PM

That is right, if you look the filliment is broken. I went LED and that fixed that.Or you could ride a lot slower :p

"If you can't ride fast, get a bike that looks like you can!":applause: :p

Thats why my mate bought an XR650R, He still can't catch me.:applause:
Neil. :eek: :)

• irondude

Posted July 15, 2005 - 09:34 PM

my old grey honda had a selenium rectifier...that was when Ford was president!

• roadcam

Posted July 15, 2005 - 11:01 PM

actually, I wasn't sure if they still used the selenium rectifiers, I just assumed its more solid-state these days .. (showing my age) :applause:

• LotsOfBikes

Posted July 15, 2005 - 11:46 PM

Neil,

Buy this LED replacement bulb. You'll never blow it out:
http://www.aerostich...84&cat=0&page=1
$22.00 is cheap!!!

• wr450fyamaha

Posted July 16, 2005 - 12:27 PM

no no no, my Yoshimura titanium exhaust blows bulbs like you wont beleive! just the rear right one.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.