Maxxis SI Front

9 replies to this topic
  • WaGuy78

Posted July 15, 2005 - 10:31 AM

Just got one put on and let me tell you.... :p :p :applause: :eek: :) :p

One of the first thing people should do with their new bikes is get rid of that fat stock pig they call a front tire.

• ncmountainman

Posted July 15, 2005 - 11:19 AM

the SI front is the best tire i've ever used for soft/int,it even handles hardpack and rock but will wear out faster in hard terrain. the SI rear is just as awesome as far as traction goes BUT i'm not real happy with the wear so far. two rides(about 150 mi) and its 1/3 gone :applause: the front is still goin strong though,its been on for about 500 miles and shows normal wear :eek:

• SpeedBlitz

Posted July 15, 2005 - 01:17 PM

A word of caution for Canadians buying the SI: I ordered two SI front's through my local dealer and the dealer ordered them correctly according to the Motovan catalogue (Canadian distributor). However, there is a mix up in the catalogue between the SI and the SM part numbers. I ended up with a two SM tires and I was so impatient to go riding that I installed them and went riding. Only then I realized that the they were the incorrect tires (SM is for Sand+Mud), but infortunately, since they were installed, they couldn't take them back (they'll give me a great deal on my next set).

Please be carefull when ordering the SI, and for anyone interested, I have two SM tires with 30 minutes of ride time for sale!! Make me and offer if you are interested.

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 15, 2005 - 06:52 PM

Maxxis SI front is the best front tire I have ever used! Does everything well! Sand , mud, roots, rocks, hardpack, loam, wet rocks, wet roots, etc etc. I cant believe how well it sticks. :applause: Just dont expect too much life in the rocks. It will chunk up and crack at the base if used exclusively in rocks. :eek:

• Hamish

Posted July 15, 2005 - 11:20 PM

I just had my first ride on my SI front and am happy with it. It is the best front I have used.I had a SI rear there for a while, but it was dead in less than 10 hours riding.
The IT rear is nice, but still wears out a bit quicker than I would have liked.
I was considering importing a teraflex from the us of a until I heard that the new ones arent as good :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rushfan

Posted July 16, 2005 - 11:15 AM

I am definitely sold on the SI front, but I am considering the IT rear for the harder stuff. I am a little supprised that you guys don't use the IT or at least mention it at all. :applause: Isn't it better for the rocks and roots??

• ncmountainman

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:51 PM

I am definitely sold on the SI front, but I am considering the IT rear for the harder stuff. I am a little supprised that you guys don't use the IT or at least mention it at all. :applause: Isn't it better for the rocks and roots??

rocks yes,dry roots? maybe. wet ones? i can recall being sent on some wild rides with that IT. IT's are not worthy in mud at all :p so far the best all around mud-intermediate tire i've run is the trelleborg tenmaster 120/100-18 thing wears like iron also. comes in 4 or 6 ply $90 though :eek: but after the SI wears out its getting replaced by another trelle. the SI rear does not offer that much more as far as traction and is wearing at least 4X faster than the trelle. you do the math :) i will continue to use the SI front,it is awesome,i just wish they'd make a 90/100-21 :p

• rushfan

Posted July 16, 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hey NC!! I looked on line for that trelle ten master and boy are they pricey. But you're saying that it's the best in the mud, huh? Do you know of a good place with good $'s to get one? Are you saying that you have used the HT rear for the hard stuff? If so, did you like it?

Thanx... :applause:

• ncmountainman

Posted July 16, 2005 - 07:18 PM

i've used the IT rear on about everything but it hates mud. the SI rear handles everything well butt wears out FAST. the trelle tenmaster handles everything well and wears like a everlasting gobstopper :applause: i get mine at W.E.R.

• Hamish

Posted July 17, 2005 - 01:15 AM

I didnt like the IT front in sand/muddy conditions, it never went where I wanted it to. The front is cheap enough to not worry about it wearing out quickly.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.