To Mod or not to Mod...?

6 replies to this topic
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted July 15, 2005 - 10:06 AM

Any suggestions on what mod. I should do next? Just looking for a little more horses, because I use the bike for Supermoto. In the dirt it was fine stock.

05 WR450F current mods:
YZ Throttle screw
Gray wire mod.
AIS removal
Zip-ty fuel screw
Yosh full exhaust /w header
Airbox opened up
Twin Air air filter
Jetting: 165 Main (#4 on clip), 48 Pilot (it maybe a little lean...I think)

• jchantzWR400F

Posted July 15, 2005 - 10:59 AM

You could always try the yz450 exhaust cam. May make better power in the higher rpm's.

• DIGITAL_SOLDIER

Posted July 15, 2005 - 01:04 PM

I'd say you're pretty much golden with what you've done. Not sure what else you can do. What is your gearing for S.moto?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nevadaoutlaw

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:18 PM

Right now I am running the 14 in front and a 47 in the rear. I don't need a to go smaller in the rear that is for sure. Do you think a 48 or higher may make a difference?

Ya, I guess not much more I can do unless I starting putting cams in and that may not make much of a difference and I am not sure if I need to go there right now. I do need to open the airbox a bit more. I have the side cut outs cut out and the snorkle out, but I ran it without the side cover and it was very noticeable the increase in most all ranges.

• rushfan

Posted July 16, 2005 - 02:45 PM

I'd say you're set. Leave the cams alone and ride! :applause:

How do you like that Yoshi exhaust?

• nevadaoutlaw

Posted July 17, 2005 - 08:45 PM

Like the Yosh exhaust thus far. Much lighter, much more power, easy to change to the strick 96 dec. w/ spark arrestor.

• rtrolli69

Posted July 25, 2005 - 07:39 PM

You might try the Pwr now plus sytem.Ive got it & love it..With this mod and JD jetting it was like adding the pwr again that you gained with your pipe!!more bottom&the midrange hits hard and pulls longer..a little $$$ but we all know thats what makes pwr..Russ

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.