450 Acc pump cover on a 426 carb?

5 replies to this topic
  • Math

Posted July 15, 2005 - 09:27 AM

OK, I don't have a leak jet on my 426: normal.

Can I install one? From what I understand, the leak jet is located in the AP bowl or cover so I suppose that if I buy a WR450 one I could install it on my 426 and work with it right?

What do you guys think? :applause:

• Math

Posted July 18, 2005 - 12:29 PM

C'mon, anybody has an idea ? :applause:

• rpyfz450

Posted July 18, 2005 - 12:35 PM

The YFZ450 (ATV) also has a leak jet. I changed mine from a #50 to a #35 (smallest available) and really didn't see any performance improvement.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted July 18, 2005 - 09:56 PM

OK, I don't have a leak jet on my 426: normal.

Can I install one?

Pretty sure the leak jet is integral to the float bowl, so you would have to swap that out, not the AP cover.

This is a good question.

I can't see why a WR450 carb bowl would not bolt directly up to your bike, but I'm not sure if you can buy this part.

• Stonie426

Posted July 19, 2005 - 02:03 AM

Math,

Hick is correct, the leak jet is an integral part of the float bowl. This is the part you would have to replace along with a leak jet itself. Both parts are available from Sudco (Allens R&D Performance in the UK).

IMHO you're better off doing the BK mod and jetting accordingly instead.... it's just as effective and a lot less hassle to set up and fine tune once modified.

Stonie426

• Math

Posted July 19, 2005 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the info guys. I thought the leak jet was located somewhere in the acc pump cover. :applause:

A new float bowl is probably expensive as a friggin diamond... forget it.

I'll make the trip to the state of NY in about two weeks and I'll get the parts I need to rejet like a YZ and will start from there. Then I'll see if I do the BK.

Later,

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.