Anyone used spline drive nipples....hehehehe....

1 reply to this topic
  • jj

Posted March 07, 2001 - 08:47 AM

Dudes, I need a life...

Anyone used these, or heard anything about them?

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted March 07, 2001 - 11:04 PM

I ordered a set of "built" wheels from White Brothers and expected them to have the spline drive nipples....but NOOOOOO...they came with regular nipples. From what I've researched about spline drive nipples is that it's difficult to NOT damage them from over tightening. The threads become the weak point. These nipples are not any stronger than typical nipples...they are sinply more resistant to rounding off.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 03-08-2001).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.