Ebay Bolt Kit

8 replies to this topic
  • ISBB

Posted July 14, 2005 - 02:33 PM

Looking for Opinions on the E-bay Bolt kit... Im getting my bike back around the end of the month and i want to take it all apart for a good deep cleaning and replacing some parts... Are these bolts ok to use.. .has anyone had any good/bad comments about them???

• firezwr426

Posted July 14, 2005 - 02:47 PM

hey ISBB I still have that 19" wheel if you are interested in trading.. you can pm me if you would like...

• ISBB

Posted July 14, 2005 - 03:33 PM

I will have my bike back the weekend of the 24th this month.. WOO HOOO... :applause: ill shoot ya a pm when i get it home.. :eek:

• ISBB

Posted July 16, 2005 - 11:37 PM

Anyone on the e-bay thing????

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted July 17, 2005 - 02:37 AM

I got one of those kits and I think they are ok

• Lukejt

Posted July 17, 2005 - 07:45 AM

Yeah, I got one too, I think I'd rather just order a handful of OEM bolts next time. The bolts are OK, but not exaclty like OEM. Also, a large number of the parts are washers.

• ISBB

Posted July 17, 2005 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone know where to get a OEM boltkit??

• allan68

Posted July 18, 2005 - 01:24 AM

Good question. I was wondering about that E-Bay bolt kit as well. Wouldn't want to replace a bunch of bolts with cheap crap that will cause major headaches down the road.

• Lukejt

Posted July 18, 2005 - 04:02 AM

I don't think they are cheap, but the size of the head and finish are not quit the same and don't match OEM. I don't know if OEM makes a kit, I would just order a bunch of the common bolts. It would still be cheaper, and you will get what you want, not what somebody thinks you may want (or what they want to stuff in the box).

For instance, the phillips screws included in my Techbolt kit are very small head. Otherwise they are the same as the tank shroud bolts, only the head is tiny and needs a washer.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.