98 WR400F Mods, tips, and tricks?

2 replies to this topic
  • rpnick

Posted July 14, 2005 - 11:39 AM

As a newbie to the 4-stroke dirt bike area, and this site, I am hoping someone can help me out with my new (to me) bike. I've heard rumor of mods that should be done to this machine in the name of performance and reliability. I have found out about the throttle stop, and and article on how to fix that. Other rumors concern a "grey wire", a breather re-route, airbox mod, etc. Can anyone provide further info, links, etc? Thanks to all for any help. ...N

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ferguscawley

Posted July 14, 2005 - 02:01 PM

Go here

http://www.off-road....ke/jun99/hobbs/

• rpnick

Posted July 14, 2005 - 04:54 PM

Thanks for that. That's where I found out about the throttle stop. So far I can't find anything about the "gray wire" or where/how to re-route the breather. Unless I missed something, which is entirely possible. I just printed it out for further perusal. ...N

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.