Dyno jet installed today,need alittle help.

3 replies to this topic
  • Gorillagrower

Posted July 13, 2005 - 08:39 PM

I just installed a Dynojet kit on my 650L. Big inprovement but when I do a roll on during full throttle in 2nd and 4th gear I'm getting a bit of sputtering? I pretty much followed the instructions that came with the kit. DJ165 main jet,spring and needle. The L has a UNI Filter,WB slip on, un-corked, smog removed. Looking for any tips or advice would be great. Thanks. :applause:

• captb

Posted July 13, 2005 - 09:46 PM

Remove the air filter take it for a quick run (on the road) if it runs better your jetting is too rich, if it is worse your lean. Then you can try adj. the needle if that don't dial it in change the main jet. That works for me. I can remove my side cover and it runs a little better but I like it a hair rich it runs cooler and no stumble off idle.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted July 14, 2005 - 05:27 AM

When I got my dj kit it didnt come with a pilot jet.I rode it that way for a while,then picked up a 55 from the dealer and the stumble got way better. Make sure you havent over oiled your air filter.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:24 AM

You need a 58 pilot, shim the needle, drill the slide.
And tell dynojet you want your money back!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.