Magura hydraulic clutch update

7 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted July 13, 2005 - 08:16 PM

Got it installed, awesome, clutch pull is way easier, get one now........ :applause:

• DP138

Posted July 14, 2005 - 06:54 AM

do u know if ASV make an unbreakable clutch lever for hydraulic clutches?

• hill5150

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:07 AM

don't know I want one if so.

• Mikie1

Posted July 14, 2005 - 03:50 PM

Where'd you get it and how much $?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kyleproject

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:38 PM

I have to disagree. I've had an SRC Magura juice clutch on my 650R motard for the last couple months. I haven't noticed a difference in feel over the stocker and it's pretty fragile. I've crashed three times on the left side (under 30 km/h) and in one of those lowsides I managed to tweak the rod or **** up the seals in the slave cylinder. Last weekend it started puking oil and I lost pressure halfway through a race. For $250 it's not worth it at all. In fact, after I get it fixed, I'm going to sell it. The only thing I liked about it was that it was maintenance free - until it started leaking. If you're super lazy and can't be bothered adjusting your clutch cable and lubing it once in a while, then maybe it's a good thing to have. The small decompression lever is nice but it breaks easily and I almost forgot, the adjustable lever is nice, but not worth the money.

• Mikie1

Posted July 14, 2005 - 09:59 PM

Hmmm... That's funny. I have one on my CRF and it makes a HUGE difference, especially in very tight, technical riding. The engagement point is very consistent and it seems to happen over a longer portion of the lever "throw" (arc, I guess). It makes feathering the clutch really easy. Didn't notice a huge difference in pull on the CRF, but I've had mine on the bike and taken NUMEROUS crashes- never had a problem at all. The fact that I can adjust the lever position and the engagement point makes a big difference for me.

I wonder if the unit for the BRP is different than the one for the CRF?

• sportbiker929

Posted July 15, 2005 - 05:17 AM

Hmmm... That's funny. I have one on my CRF and it makes a HUGE difference, especially in very tight, technical riding. The engagement point is very consistent and it seems to happen over a longer portion of the lever "throw" (arc, I guess). It makes feathering the clutch really easy. Didn't notice a huge difference in pull on the CRF, but I've had mine on the bike and taken NUMEROUS crashes- never had a problem at all. The fact that I can adjust the lever position and the engagement point makes a big difference for me.

I wonder if the unit for the BRP is different than the one for the CRF

They are slightly different. That one dude in Canada needs to get bark busters

• BIG RED

Posted July 16, 2005 - 07:50 AM

I had one on my yz426f it did make for nice clutch action but it was very smashable and i went through 3 slave cylinders in about a year and a half,they did warranty them but had to take it to a mountain bike shop to have it bled out every time. i find the clutch to be very smooth and consistant on my 650r so i probably would never try another one

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.