need triple clamp or bars.. to get more room..

8 replies to this topic
  • fred

Posted March 06, 2001 - 05:14 PM

If anyone is selling, let me know..

• Taffy

Posted March 07, 2001 - 01:16 AM

in the next few days i will have my scotts short offset TC's arrive with damper.

my top clamp is already for sale. it can't take the original headlamp as the TC bolts enter from the front.

they are billet alumin(i)um.

i've got them on north eastern enduro club's web for £50 ($70). they have protaper mounts & are set so that the screwdriver can go directly down onto the damper screws. they are about 40mm forward. the 5mm mount spacers go under these & are $10.

• MoToHed

Posted March 07, 2001 - 09:41 PM

#3 has them

• Boit

Posted March 07, 2001 - 10:29 PM

Oberg has a new clamp that has multiple adjustments for the bars. The top facing of the top clamp has several notches that the bar clamps sit inside of. You simply move the bar clamps forward until you find the notch that best suits you. From the photos that I've seen, this looks like the best idea to me. I think they have a web site. try a search.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_F

Posted March 08, 2001 - 08:07 AM

I've got a spare set of Applied rubber mount clamps and Pro-Tapers.

• Joel_Gibson

Posted March 08, 2001 - 01:38 PM

Thumper Racing has a bar mount system that raises the bars 1" or 2" and moves them forward about an inch. The cost is $80 and you can order them from Thumper Racing at 800/259-5186.

• mikeolichney

Posted March 08, 2001 - 01:53 PM

I have a scotts Tclamp, 1 1/8 barclamp and oil filler spout bolt-on damper tower from my 99 YZ400 for sale. Would fit any WR, all you would need is the scotts damper. All for $135. That is 1/2 of retail. But it is stock 98-99 YZ bar positioning.

You could use this setup to get way forward, but you would not be able to use a scotts damper then. You would need to drill the front perch hole in the Tclamp, only the rear is drilled on mine. Scotts used to sell them with a front and rear hole, but stopped that to give the clamp more strength for the supercross types (alot of other clamps still have two holes for front and rear bar positioning). Email me at if interested.

• Taffy

Posted March 08, 2001 - 02:09 PM

does anyone know if you can get an extended engine compression release cable from any shop?

• Bruce_in_Phoenix

Posted March 09, 2001 - 07:44 AM

I am willing to sell my Scotts top clamp with protaper mounts and Dampner mount clamp. If yu want the CR HI handlebars as well they are not bent just have a couple scratches from tie downs. This top clamp and bar mounts moves the handlebars forward I believe 10-12 mm from stock.
Top Clamp, Protaper Mounts, Bar Clamp = $100
CR HIgh Protaper silver bars = $50

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.