How much does the AIS kit help performance??

3 replies to this topic
  • rtrolli69

Posted July 12, 2005 - 06:29 PM

First let me say im a new member this site is great.I have a 05" WR450.MY MODS are snorkel from air box,throttle stop,gray wire & "DR D" race pipe With spark arrestor,scary fast power plus system,zip ty fuel adjuster.Im wondering that my bike is probably lean at this point& it backfires when I roll out of the throttle at HI rpm.Will this AIS mod help this problem??MY stock jets are#45pilot¥main.Ive purchased a #50pilot¨main.My elevation here in New Mexico is 4200ft,Temp is 90degrees plus.I appreciate any tips&advice.. Thanks Russ.....Team PTR!!!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 12, 2005 - 07:25 PM

Get rid of the AIS and up your pilot to 48 and buy a JD jetting kit and an adjustable fuel screw and remove the plug and screw that is stock. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rtrolli69

Posted July 12, 2005 - 07:41 PM

Hey Bud thanks for the info..I hate to be a newbie but what is this JD jet kit& where can I get it?thanks for the help..How about a little info on the 490 kit?I love it fastt&reliable..

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 12, 2005 - 09:55 PM

You can buy the JD jetting kit from the TT store on this web site. If you want to save money buy an 04 WR needle (adjustable with 7 positions) and a 170/168/162 main jets for further tuning. 48 pilot jet, 40 leak jet and a 72 starter jet are also good to have.

Look at the pinned post at the top on this WR forum for everyones jetting recommendations and what works for them. :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.