2006 WR450 Heavier!

62 replies to this topic
  • stonewall

Posted July 18, 2005 - 02:46 PM

Carrying 8.1 lbs. around all day makes a difference and most of that weight is up high which compounds the problem. It makes a huge difference for people like me who are vertically challenged.

True, but I'm used to 150+ mile days in the eastern woods on a XR650R. Compared to that the '05 WR450 feels like a 250 two stroke. :eek: The '05 WR hides it's weight well. I had a chance to spend a few days on a well set up '04 WR and it didn't feel much better in the tight stuff than the big XR. The small changes they made to the '05 made a BIG difference. Still, none of the big off road 4 strokes are anywhere near what I'd call a lightweight bike.
If weight is real important to you then you can't do much better than that KTM 300 you're riding now. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elton

Posted July 19, 2005 - 09:25 AM

...If weight is real important to you then you can't do much better than that KTM 300 you're riding now. :applause:

I believe the KTM 200exc is the only enduro that is lighter than the 300 (10lbs, and feels it); you give up some of the "3-stroke" torque but get a very flickable bike with a usable, predictable, "fun" hit -- the 6 speed tranny is also nice.

Elton

• G'nK-ville

Posted July 19, 2005 - 04:08 PM

back to topic, could be computer and reinforced swingarm plus new seat foam could just mean "more". Maybe? Back to the wr bashing.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.