Off Road Shops in California- Apart from TT!

26 replies to this topic
  • simch

Posted July 12, 2005 - 11:14 AM

Hey guys, I am over in California on business from the UK and staying in Long Beach at present, (working in Montabello and Santa Fe Springs).

I fancy having a look at some bike shops while I am here, maybe take some goodies home with me for the WR.

I may check out JC motors in Costa Mesa, for an FMF Q pipe, not sure yet, but is there any bikes shops I would be crazy to miss while I am here.

I am in town for a couple of weeks and can get about in the rental car at weekends, but probably more interested in local stuff if possible.

Any ideas?? :applause:

• byggd

Posted July 12, 2005 - 11:37 AM

White Brothers Racing
24845 Corbit Place
Yorba Linda, CA 92887
(714) 692-3404

Chaparral Motorsports
555 South "H" Street
San Bernardino CA 92410

Nationwide Toll Free: 800-841-2960
Local: 909-889-2761
Customer Service: 909-889-1302
Fax Toll Free: 800-841-4261
Fax local: 909-884-3183
For quickest service, use our toll free lines

Store Hours:
Mon-Fri - 9:00am to 8:00pm
Sat-Sun - 8:00am to 6:00pm

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 12, 2005 - 12:42 PM

deffinetly check out chaparral, if u ride and are interested in stores, u gotta check it out. when i used to work there we had people come from all over the world and take pictures of themselfs visting the place, let alone seeing the wharehouse and just all the dam stuff they have available. its about 1hr away from you. but u could make a day outa it and check out all the good stuff socal has, but watchout for the socal. drivers, there dicks. :applause:

• byggd

Posted July 12, 2005 - 01:08 PM

Here is another one. It's a dealership but they have accessories too. They do Yamaha and KTM

http://www.malcolmsmith.com/

• simch

Posted July 12, 2005 - 01:36 PM

deffinetly check out chaparral, if u ride and are interested in stores, u gotta check it out. when i used to work there we had people come from all over the world and take pictures of themselfs visting the place, let alone seeing the wharehouse and just all the dam stuff they have available. its about 1hr away from you. but u could make a day outa it and check out all the good stuff socal has, but watchout for the socal. drivers, there dicks. :applause:

Hey, I'm used to bad driving, i'm form the UK!! Its just as bad here but everyone goes a bit slower and has a cellphone glued to their head!!

Chapparal is a top tip, may well check it out the weekend.

Cheers guys

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 12, 2005 - 01:42 PM

Hey, I'm used to bad driving, i'm form the UK!! Its just as bad here but everyone goes a bit slower and has a cellphone glued to their head!!

Here in LA nobody just drives their car... Reading and talking on the cell phone is manditory... :eek: I mean, :applause:

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 12, 2005 - 01:47 PM

if u can get to the 91 freeway u could take it and go by procircuit in corona, then continue following the 91 and go by malcolm smith in riverside, and then continue following it till the 91 turns into the 215, then it will take u to chapparal in san bernardino. there quite a few stores off of the 91.

• byggd

Posted July 12, 2005 - 01:51 PM

I live in Corona, I'll wave as you go by :applause:

• simch

Posted July 12, 2005 - 05:25 PM

Cheers Guys!

• WheelsUp

Posted July 12, 2005 - 07:25 PM

if u can get to the 91 freeway u could take it and go by procircuit in corona, then continue following the 91 and go by malcolm smith in riverside, and then continue following it till the 91 turns into the 215, then it will take u to chapparal in san bernardino. there quite a few stores off of the 91.

Then take the 10 towards LA, get off at Azusa, and head north to Bert's MegaMall... it's like Craparral except with four times as many bikes and half as much clothing.

Then keep heading north to the 210, take it west into Pasadena. Get off at Fair Oaks and head south to 219 S. Fair Oaks and have a "Burger Basket" with a real chocolate soda just like they used to make in the 50s drug stores at Soda Jerks.

Yummy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simch

Posted July 19, 2005 - 01:03 PM

Here is another one. It's a dealership but they have accessories too. They do Yamaha and KTM

http://www.malcolmsmith.com/

Hey, is this THE Malcolm Smith, of "On any Sunday" fame...........??

WOW!!! Gotta meet that guy!

• byggd

Posted July 19, 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hey, is this THE Malcolm Smith, of "On any Sunday" fame...........??

The one and only! I wish I could find a copy of that movie, that guy could ride like no bodies business :applause:

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 19, 2005 - 01:24 PM

hey simch, did u get a chance to check out the stores?

• simch

Posted July 19, 2005 - 01:32 PM

I went to Cahpparal..................to be hinest they weren't that helpful, I got a few things but all the graphics were messed up and they could not find anything. Their pipes were expensive too, so I am going to get it form JC motors in Costa Mesa, saves me 60 bucks over Chapparal's price and they can get it in a day (Chap needed 6 days!)
I ran out of time though at Cahpparal, that place is huge! They have some real nice gear, (clothing) so I am aiming to head back next week when I have bought a new holdall!

BY the way, in the UK "On any sunday" was released on DVD 2 years ago, in a boxed set with a newer version done by Bruce too.

The original is just amazing though, still. Great footage, cinematography, and totally captivating. And Steve MAcQueen was no slouch on a bike either!

I saw it in the Isle of Man when i was 5 years old, and it was amazing how much I loved it even as a 5 year old!
I am sure you must be able to get the DVD over here?

• byggd

Posted July 19, 2005 - 02:17 PM

I agree. One of the best all time movies I have ever seen. I just checked amazon and the don't have the box set but they have both. Might just have to place an order :applause:

• Bryan Bosch

Posted July 19, 2005 - 03:42 PM

FYI... The TT Store is in Las Vegas, not California...

• sausage boy

Posted July 19, 2005 - 03:44 PM

Hey guys, I am over in California on business from the UK and staying in Long Beach at present, (working in Montabello and Santa Fe Springs).

I fancy having a look at some bike shops while I am here, maybe take some goodies home with me for the WR.

I may check out JC motors in Costa Mesa, for an FMF Q pipe, not sure yet, but is there any bikes shops I would be crazy to miss while I am here.

I am in town for a couple of weeks and can get about in the rental car at weekends, but probably more interested in local stuff if possible.

Any ideas?? :applause:

hey fellow :) what year WR do you have? did it have all the bullshit restrictors on it same as the US model? i have talked my mate back in Blighty to buy an 05 WR (after his DRZ got nicked). good luck with the shopping, i buy everything on line here, cheap as chips :eek: :p

• simch

Posted July 20, 2005 - 03:45 PM

FYI... The TT Store is in Las Vegas, not California...

Yeah sorry I know, it just came out that way cos I know its "local"!

And I have bought stuff off TT, and did not want to be seen to be takin business elsewhere, its just I wanted a look while here, not do mail order!

Anyway, if I came to Vegas to buy stuff, whatever I saved I'd blow on black jack and hookers! :applause:

• simch

Posted July 20, 2005 - 03:48 PM

hey fellow :eek: what year WR do you have? did it have all the bullshit restrictors on it same as the US model? i have talked my mate back in Blighty to buy an 05 WR (after his DRZ got nicked). good luck with the shopping, i buy everything on line here, cheap as chips :applause: :)

My WR is an 04. They have the crumby throttle stop, but it comes with a YZ one and spare jets. Mine came with official yam road kit, fully registered for road use.

We dont have the grey wire restriction. They must think us Brits can handle the power.....!>!>!! :p

Just kiddin fellas!

hey BTW, I found "Eaglerider" do wr450s for hire, $130 a day! Will have to sort this next trip and do some riding in these awesome hills!

• hotrunnin-05wr450

Posted July 20, 2005 - 03:57 PM

i forgot another place it john burr in rialto (within 10 mins of chapparral off of the 10 freeway), there pretty cool over there. ya i know how chappy is on customer service, poor...the only reason why i go there is cuz my girls been there for 10 years and i get good discounts on stuff, but its one of those things u gotta check out while ur here, (thats what most of the people told me from other countrys). glad to here u were able to find the place though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.