Building a YZ450F for Loretta Lynn's...

17 replies to this topic
  • copsey

Posted July 12, 2005 - 07:42 AM

What would you do if you were building an 05 YZ450f for LL?

• gonzo

Posted July 12, 2005 - 08:00 AM

What class?

• ThumperKid250F

Posted July 12, 2005 - 08:43 AM

yea that would help a lot, but with anybike i would deff get the suspension set up really good.

www.factoryconnection.com

• 642MX

Posted July 12, 2005 - 04:30 PM

New tires, new clutch, fresh oil??? :applause:

• Satch0922

Posted July 12, 2005 - 04:46 PM

What would you do if you were building an 05 YZ450f for LL?

For what class and how much $$$ you want to spend?

Read the latest MXA and check out the 450 they built with the help of Dr. D.

• OHVrider

Posted July 12, 2005 - 04:47 PM

New tires, Enzo suspension, Magura Clutch, RG3 top triple clamp.

Good luck,

• aedwards07

Posted July 13, 2005 - 05:34 AM

I would build it like this-
Motor-Fresh piston and rings
New clutch
Check basket and inner hub if they need replaced
Boyesen Quickshot

Suspension:
Revalved by the person of your choice
ENZO sub tanks

MISC:
756RR tires
Lightspeed footpegs
New chain and sprockets
RG3 top clamp

• copsey

Posted July 13, 2005 - 02:50 PM

Suppose I should have been a bit more specific. I am building this for one of my riders. 250A and Fourstroke. He has a deal with DrD. so we are going with his exhaust, having the head flowed, suspension done, JamesDean jet kit. Looking at spending between 2 and 3 thousand including the stuff above. The bike is brand new and the rider is 15, well 16 now.

• copsey

Posted July 13, 2005 - 02:52 PM

Ohh and running VP-U4 50/50 with 94. How about ignition? Any ideas besides oversized valves?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dunlop

Posted July 13, 2005 - 03:03 PM

Vortex Ignition :applause:

• chad551

Posted July 14, 2005 - 10:11 AM

Ohh and running VP-U4 50/50 with 94. How about ignition? Any ideas besides oversized valves?

That would be an incredible waste of money to mix VP U-4 with pump gas. It would destroy all the properties of the oxygenation in U4. Call VP and ask them.

• Ga426owner

Posted July 14, 2005 - 01:15 PM

That would be an incredible waste of money to mix VP U-4 with pump gas. It would destroy all the properties of the oxygenation in U4. Call VP and ask them.

agreed - never mix U4!!!

250A and Fourstoke - there are different rules for each of these
Fourstoke you can use big bore or stoked motors ... correct? Like VetClass
Can you use VP U4 at lorettas? I thought that it was not AMA legal....in 04 maybe for 05...

I would build the clutch to Hinson/GYTR - Have DRD do the motor mods - Enzo or RGB do the suspension - add the 22mm offset top/bottom clamps - from RGB or Factory R&D and then maybe do the new radiators that sit 2inches below stock for lower center of Gravity - see MXA ride test DRD450
Quickshot & JD Jetting - also :applause:

• Jetsprint2

Posted July 14, 2005 - 02:13 PM

Do not mix VP-U4 with 94 octane, it is the same as just running straight 94. VP-U4 has a high oxygen content and when mixed it completely dilutes the properties that make VP-U4 so good. :applause:

• chad551

Posted July 14, 2005 - 02:30 PM

agreed - never mix U4!!!

250A and Fourstoke - there are different rules for each of these
Fourstoke you can use big bore or stoked motors ... correct? Like VetClass
Can you use VP U4 at lorettas? I thought that it was not AMA legal....in 04 maybe for 05...

I would build the clutch to Hinson/GYTR - Have DRD do the motor mods - Enzo or RGB do the suspension - add the 22mm offset top/bottom clamps - from RGB or Factory R&D and then maybe do the new radiators that sit 2inches below stock for lower center of Gravity - see MXA ride test DRD450
Quickshot & JD Jetting - also :applause:

VP U-4 is AMA legal in amatuer events only. Just picked up a 55gal barrel of it. Makes the garage smell different :eek:

• copsey

Posted July 14, 2005 - 08:08 PM

Thanks for the warning of mixing the U4! I'll definetly have some pics of the bike up as soon as it is complete. Suspension and motor are being built by Kirk Battile from KRW Race Innovations. If any of you know KTM's you'll know the name, he was Scott Plessinger's mechanic. Vortex ignition, what map?

• revolucien

Posted July 14, 2005 - 09:01 PM

Jardine RT4 pipe
FMF Megabomb header
FMF CEB Clutch
Talon Ultra Lite 2 hubs
Applied works triples
Tag T-2 CR bend bars
RCS Ti Shock spring
Race Tech shock and fork valves
Boyesen Quicksot
Boyesen Water impeller/cover
24 PSI radiator cap
engine ice
iridium spark plug
756 tires
Braking wave rotors

• ncmountainman

Posted July 15, 2005 - 05:55 AM

24 PSI radiator cap
engine ice

is this a offroad race or mx? slippers great for mx but for offroad the rekluse can't be beat. and as far as that cap,24 psi? just use evans npg-r,its boiling point is 400'f @ 7psi. you can run the stock cap and forget it. yes its heat transfer is only 77% that of water,but near to waters boiling point(or 50/50 such as engine ice) it does some strange things inside the water jackets,molar cavitation i believe is the term? at that point evans transfer is over 120% better than anything with water in it :applause:

• revolucien

Posted July 15, 2005 - 09:42 AM

is this a offroad race or mx? slippers great for mx but for offroad the rekluse can't be beat. and as far as that cap,24 psi? just use evans npg-r,its boiling point is 400'f @ 7psi. you can run the stock cap and forget it. yes its heat transfer is only 77% that of water,but near to waters boiling point(or 50/50 such as engine ice) it does some strange things inside the water jackets,molar cavitation i believe is the term? at that point evans transfer is over 120% better than anything with water in it :applause:

Loretta's is most defintely MX. A lot of rising MX stars make a debut there. I'll have to check the evans npg-r stuff out, it sounds sweet if it dosen't damage internals.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.