426 TOO TALL!! suspention help please

6 replies to this topic
  • pontala

Posted July 11, 2005 - 09:56 PM

:applause: Any one knows the best way to short a yz426 about 3"? I am about 5'7" w/ short legs I have to grab something or step on a rock to start the son of gun. it harder if you fell going up a hill!! help please any one :eek:

• DPW

Posted July 12, 2005 - 05:18 AM

The best(also most expensive) way is to take the suspension to a shop and have them lower the suspension and revalve it for your weight.

Other ideas....

Trim the seat foam
lower the sub-frame
Raise the forks in the triple clamps and soften(back out compression) the rear suspension

• MotoChris521

Posted July 12, 2005 - 05:22 AM

that's why i sold mine and bought an estart bike :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • revolucien

Posted July 12, 2005 - 05:43 AM

Like DPW said, the suspension shop is the best way, but it's a little expensive. There is another way that you could try that may be a little cheaper. It's a lowering link. This one says it's not intended for competition use, but it may do the trick at a lower cost.

• pontala

Posted July 12, 2005 - 09:31 PM

How To Lower The Sub Frame? Do I Need Any Adpter To Do This?
Thank You For Your Reply. I Also Checked The Lowering Link But I Ride On Trails That Have Big Jumps And I Will Need The Clearance
PS: HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO ESPEND ON THE SUSPENTION SHOP? DO YOU KNOW ANY ONE THAT YOU CAN INDICATE?

• DPW

Posted July 13, 2005 - 06:05 PM

How To Lower The Sub Frame? Do I Need Any Adpter To Do This?
Thank You For Your Reply. I Also Checked The Lowering Link But I Ride On Trails That Have Big Jumps And I Will Need The Clearance
PS: HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO ESPEND ON THE SUSPENTION SHOP? DO YOU KNOW ANY ONE THAT YOU CAN INDICATE?

subframe try this http://www.thumperta...hlight=subframe

Do a search and you will find plenty of info on the subframe, but lowering the suspension made the biggest difference on my girlfriend's bike. I paid around $400 to lower and revalve for her weight...it was worth every penny...wish I would have done it a year ago.

• Dolce_Grappa

Posted July 13, 2005 - 06:44 PM

pontala,

Have you set your sag to 100mm? I'm your height, i only had problems with off cambered hills, then I'd just start the bike with my left leg and go.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

05 yz450f not fast enough by RedeyeYZ

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  38 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.