Crazy Idle /w/ choke on???

4 replies to this topic
  • MisterMan

Posted July 11, 2005 - 11:19 AM

I went and looked at a 00 426 today and it was nice except that when he turned the choke on the idle went really high. (about 3000 rpm) is there a way to adjust this or should I take my money and run cuz this carb is ruined???????

Thanks for any help,

--Denny

• SureBlue

Posted July 11, 2005 - 12:34 PM

It does that way. If the bike runs otherwise fine, don't worry.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MisterMan

Posted July 11, 2005 - 12:38 PM

NO, its not normal, it runs very high, too high. Beside I have anither 02' in mind....

• grayracer513

Posted July 11, 2005 - 12:40 PM

The hot start, the red button next to the choke, may be open or partially open. If you open the hot start with the choke on, it will run the idle up quite a ways. Opening and closing the hot start should make a noticeable difference.

• MisterMan

Posted July 11, 2005 - 08:55 PM

The hot start, the red button next to the choke, may be open or partially open. If you open the hot start with the choke on, it will run the idle up quite a ways. Opening and closing the hot start should make a noticeable difference.

hummmm, thanks.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.