Need help identifying a part...

4 replies to this topic
  • Hobo_Joe

Posted July 11, 2005 - 10:19 AM

Hi All,

Just purchased a YZ426 '01 model and am replacing parts that need to be replaced. I have noticed that the pipe that splits between the 2 radiators is a bit bent/dented. I was hoping that someone here could tell me what its called and if possible where I can get it from. There is a local Yamaha dealer up my road who could order it for me but I was hoping that there may be a cheaper place to get it online.

I have attached a pic from the manual of what I am talking about if that helps... its part number (3) in the left pic and (8) in the right.

Thanks for your help.
Chris
Image from the manual

• DaveJ

Posted July 11, 2005 - 10:40 AM

It's called a "Pipe", according to Yamaha.

It's part number 5BE-12482-00-00.

I purchase a lot of parts through on-line OEM dealers, mostly since the price is much lower than the local guys and I get it shipped to me. Just do a search on "Yamaha" and "OEM".

ThumperTalk also has an OEM parts section which I have never ordered from, but I can tell you that their pricing is very very good. Not the most complete listing and interface, but you can still get the job done when youu do your homework.

Consider an on-line dealer that is closet to your location, unless you have time to spare.

DaveJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hobo_Joe

Posted July 11, 2005 - 11:28 AM

Great thanks a mill Dave, a part number too, the local Yammie dealer is going to love that :applause:

• DaveJ

Posted July 11, 2005 - 01:18 PM

In the future, you can use the original parts fiche guys at the following link.

And just about any dealer will order and ship to you. Your task then becomes finding the right price.

http://www.hlsm.com/

• Hobo_Joe

Posted July 11, 2005 - 09:45 PM

Thanks again Dave, thats an awsome site... can find every part and part number makes ordering genuine Yamaha parts a sinch.

Thanks
Chris

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.