xr 600 in oz popping

5 replies to this topic
  • stiz001

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:13 PM

hi guys just a quick question. I have the opportunity to get a low km's xr 600 in good nick.hHad a run on it and it goes hard(fron end comes up easy of throttle).My question is taking the end cap of and having a fully opened stock exhaust will it lead to popping on deceleration regardless of the jetting setup.The owner tells me he has gone one size up on the pilot,main jet a few and needle is second from the top.There is also no leak in the exhaust as i checked this myself.Also the carb seems to be seated correctly.The bike pulls well mid range to top. Thanks for the advise.

• XR6's_rule

Posted July 11, 2005 - 02:24 AM

If its stock this is the best jetting to run. This is what is in my bike and it runs primo!

-#155 main jet (one size larger than stock)
-#62 pilot jet (stock)
-needle third (middle) clip position
-airscrew 2.5 turns out

*remember, bigger jets wont make the bike go faster, when the engine get the optimum fuel/air mix, it has the most power. Hope this helps, cheers.

Mark.

• XR6's_rule

Posted July 11, 2005 - 02:25 AM

I forgot to mention the correct float level is 14.5mm, this is the stock setting and works fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stiz001

Posted July 11, 2005 - 04:13 AM

Thanx for that ..i will hit him up for the exact settings he has.What about the popping on decel.The only reason i ask is that i dont wont to get the bike if i am going to have to spend ages working out the carb settings.I would rather go with stock...cheers

• frankstr

Posted July 11, 2005 - 05:43 AM

Check for vacum leaks, Air filter clean and not over oiled, whats the color of the spark plug......... :applause:

• TimBrp

Posted July 11, 2005 - 06:53 AM

Popping on decel typically means there is a lean condition on the pilot circuit. This may be attributed to an air leak. Check out the intake boot for the carb engine and airbox sides.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.