WR450 dying

4 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted July 10, 2005 - 09:24 PM

Went for a ride today and when I got on the gas hard the motor would die on de-acceleration, I found two of the plastic tubes were blocked with mud that run down from the carbie, I cleaned them out and it only died once from then on, do you think they were the problem or should I look for something else :applause:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 11, 2005 - 06:53 AM

Sounds to me like your main jet is clogged, possibly your pilot too. My bike runs like brand new every time I take the carburetor out and fully clean it, I mean everything.. Get some carb cleaner and some compressed air and go to town... Since your bike bogs only when you punch it that tells me that it's a fuel problem, it's getting fuel but just not enough of it. Fuel line or the carb... Make sure they're both clean..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 07:15 AM

do you run a fuel filter? not the sintered bronze ones that only stop large rocks and small children but a k&n type paper element one?

oh and listen to Mr. Lorenze

• gregwr450f

Posted July 15, 2005 - 03:43 AM

No I don't, but will as from tomorrow, cleaning the carby tomorrow as well.

• gregwr450f

Posted July 15, 2005 - 06:45 PM

Well, I drained the carby and added a in-line fuel filter and took it for a quick ride ,it's running great.
I didn't pull the thing apart just drain the carby, time will tell.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.