What is wrong?

6 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 05, 2001 - 06:35 PM

On the rigth side of my WR´99, veryu near of the water pump. I hear a tic tic tic sound!!!. It start to be strongest every time.

• aftershock

Posted March 05, 2001 - 07:50 PM

Step away from the bike and call the Bomb Squad :)

• aftershock

Posted March 05, 2001 - 07:52 PM

Step away from the bike and call the Bomb Squad :) I got excited and held my finger on the trigger to long :D

[This message has been edited by aftershock (edited 03-05-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted March 05, 2001 - 11:17 PM

Elian: Sorry...that's not enough information to go on. you must be more specific and detailed. For example: Is this sound only heard when idling....in neutral...in gear...in high gear...clutch engaged..disengaged...etc? The more info, the better luck you will have with advice.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 09, 2001 - 10:36 PM

When the engine is hot, and I can heard it all time, however when is reving at low rpm is most easy to heard it.
Thank for your help!.

• Andrew_in_OZ

Posted March 09, 2001 - 01:02 PM

I'ts not just your exhaust expanding/contracting from heatis it? as this will make a "tic" "tic" noise or is it much louder?

YZ timing,EKN needle, VORTEX dualcurve ignition
SF triple platinum s/plug
open box -unifilter
98oct fuel
Staintune s/s open exhaust& header......
Somebody stop me !!!

• Boit

Posted March 09, 2001 - 01:37 PM

If it's a steady ticking noise that follows the RMP's, I'd suspect one of your valves has too much lash. This would be unusual since valves of this cylinder head design usually tighten over time as they drive deeper into the seats. Checking the valve lash is a pretty simple procedure and at least you could either eliminate this as your source of noise...or confirm it. It's a starting point before tearing into the internals.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.