Bent forks?

1 reply to this topic
  • johunter666

Posted July 10, 2005 - 03:55 PM

My question concerns my dad's DRZ 250--but I thought I would ask it in this forum due to the tremendous brain power of TT's WR owners. On a recent hard fall, my dad's bike's forks seemed to get tweaked. The bars were not correctly aligned with the wheel. It was easily corrected by steadying the tire and cranking on the bars until it all lined up again. Is this common on these light duty trail bikes? I have never experienced this with my WR. Is this the fork tubes bending? Triple clamp bending? Would a fork brace help this? Thanks

Todd
05 wr 450 all the free mods
03 Drz 250

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted July 10, 2005 - 04:05 PM

It's common on all bikes in a hard fall. The forks are actually spinning a little inside the triple clamps. You did the trail fix, I usually stand in front of my bike and kick the side of the wheel. When you get home loosen the clamp bolts, align everything and retorq to specs.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.