who makes the most Agressive DOT tire?

5 replies to this topic
  • eba_eba

Posted July 10, 2005 - 01:15 PM

need a DOT tire just so i can get the the track/trail, i want the most agressive tire as i do not plan to run on the road often.

• ArmyGuy

Posted July 10, 2005 - 02:51 PM

Theres actualy a bunch I've found, ranging from way pricey to downright cheap. I surfed "denniskirk.com" they have like 58 pages of tires. Ive ridden none of them, favoring my 739 four stroke tire, but all have pics to show the knobs.Among the most expensive are the Metzler MCE Karoo, but it looks just like a regular knobbie. The Dunlop 606 looks nice, little cheaper, Bridgestone E668 and ED04 are a good bet. Pirelli makes a MT21. and Dirt Rider recommends it, feels like a knobbie, rated to 106MPH. Maxxis has the C6006, Kenda has one, the K760. Cheng Shin also makes one, the C858. Overall I'd say the Pirelli or the Kenda look the most aggressive. The bridgestone E668 and the dunlop 606 look really nice as well and maybe a few bucks cheaper.
For visual comparasion go here, it's a site search narrowed to just rear wheels in the "Dual Sport" catagory:

http://www.denniskir...rrowResult=true
Hope this helps. Ill prolly put a 606 on my bike when my 739 is done.
Dan

• CSMaillet

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:01 PM

I have a street legal DRZ400 and I run Tera Flex MC105 on the rear and a Kenda K760 on the front. The Tera Flex is the most aggressive DOT legal tire I've found and it hooks up great. They have them at https://www.mandhtires.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted July 11, 2005 - 05:34 AM

The Tera Flex and the Kenda Track Master II (K760) are the two most aggressive dot you can find.

• SpeedyR

Posted July 11, 2005 - 12:48 PM

Dirt Rider magazine gave the Pirelli Scorpion Pro the most aggressive DOT tire award last year... used to be called the MT83. all the front Pirelli tires are DOT rated so any of them work but the rear scorpion Pro and the MT18 heavy duty are DOT rated. not great on the street but great off road.

Scorpion Pro

• snow

Posted July 11, 2005 - 08:09 PM

Just got a Tera Flex for mine all I need know is a my rim and a few bad words later to get that bad boy on the rim. I held it up to my worn out stock tire the other day and man it's huge I hope it fits :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.