wr450 vs. crf450x

12 replies to this topic
  • bigair

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:43 AM

Who's rode both? opinions please.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 10, 2005 - 12:51 PM

These threads never go anywhere... Both are great, pick a color....

• endurodog

Posted July 10, 2005 - 02:23 PM

Yep, but my deciding factor would be the dealer in your area that offers the best support meaning parts, hours, service, people ect.

• clark4131

Posted July 10, 2005 - 02:39 PM

Both great bikes, but these are things to consider when you make your choice...

-Availability
-Initial Cost
-Proper setup requirements
-Ergonomics
-Maintenance
-Dealer Support
-Aftermarket parts availability
-Proven engineering history

I'm sure there're more things to consider, but these were all the thoughts that ran through my head. I have always been a Honda guy and this is the first Yamaha I've owned. The biggest issues I had with the Honda were that A) It hadn't been released yet due to a number of delays, and :) the valve train was notorious for needing frequent adjustment. I haven't heard much about B since the Honda was released, but it's still a new and unproven engine as of yet, so time will tell. Who knows, maybe down the road I'll be riding red...Blasphemer!!!...SC

• chevy

Posted July 10, 2005 - 02:54 PM

Wait until the red machine proves its reliabilty test.

• rushfan

Posted July 10, 2005 - 03:29 PM

lol...true story :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Summit

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:30 PM

My dealer sells both Yammy and Honda. The WR was $800. cheaper and it felt a little narrower so I got the WR.

• simon@vic

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:39 PM

the wr is a has a better motor. the crf450x can feel a bit lighter. but its allot weaker imho. just look at the head pipe "crash bar" for the rad hose :)

question should be, 450exc or wr450 or 525exc?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 11, 2005 - 06:58 AM

question should be, 450exc or wr450 or 525exc?

Simon, you know I agree with you.... :eek: :applause:

Give me 15 tooth up front and it's on like Donkey Kong... I've race the 525 in my avatar a dozen times, I sware the thing can't pull my lil 450... I think that says a lot considering the 525 has 75cc's more of displacement and a sixth gear. 5 valve DOHC head baby.... Whoo hooo... The thing just builds and builds power... If that patent on the head ever runs out were all screwed... :)

• Johnny34

Posted July 11, 2005 - 02:01 PM

To add to this statement I must ask, what color is your gear? It's important to look good and wearing red pants while riding a blue bike will get you a ticket from the fashion police. Ride smart and accessorize. :applause:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 11, 2005 - 03:39 PM

To add to this statement I must ask, what color is your gear? It's important to look good and wearing red pants while riding a blue bike will get you a ticket from the fashion police. Ride smart and accessorize. :applause:

No truer words have been spoken.... :eek: Image while riding is everything.....

• bigair

Posted July 11, 2005 - 05:25 PM

Camo and grungy t-shirts go with everything.

• MattyH

Posted July 14, 2005 - 07:10 AM

hmmm, 7hr piston life in the crf. fancy changing oil, filter and piston at the same time?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.