650L cam cover gasket

3 replies to this topic
  • CheGuevara

Posted July 10, 2005 - 10:05 AM

Anyone found an inexpensive alternative to the 650L cam cover gasket from Honda? I was suprised not to find one in the Honda kit I bought and I'm getting sick of handing over tons of $$$ to Honda for what should be inexpensive parts.

• oud31

Posted July 10, 2005 - 12:50 PM

Local honda dealer used high temp gasket maker that comes in a tube on my xr 600 it worked just fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zackm58941

Posted July 10, 2005 - 04:05 PM

You can use black RTV sealant for reusing the metal valve cover gasket. Dont spend another 40 bucks on a new one, just clean all the old sealant off and lay a consistant bead around the whole head. Make sure when you lay it down, put sealant to the inside of the bolt holes, not the out side. Good luck!

Zack

• CheGuevara

Posted July 10, 2005 - 07:00 PM

Thanks guys!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.