AIS Smog Removal Kit

4 replies to this topic
  • knucklehead

Posted July 10, 2005 - 09:30 AM

i just bought the AIS smog removal kit for my WR and in the directions it says to apply a high temp RTV sealant to the plugs installed on the head. what is RTV sealant - and does WalMart have it?

• BajaFool

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:10 AM

RTV is silicon sealant, like the GE silicon in a tube that you use to seal around your shower stall, bathtub fixtures, etc..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:12 AM

Ok, let's try this again. It is high temperature silicon based sealant that you can buy at the auto parts store.

• knucklehead

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:41 AM

right on!!!
thanks for the info.

• Cairn

Posted July 10, 2005 - 04:04 PM

Knucklehead:

what is RTV sealant - and does WalMart have it?

"RTV" stands for "Room Temperature Vulcanizing." As stated, it's a silicone adhesive sealant. You can purchase it at my local Wal-Mart in the auto department under the brand "Permatex." It comes in multiple flavors, including a red tube for high temperature applications. :)

Cheers,

Cairn

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.