Kill it

6 replies to this topic
  • XriderR00

Posted July 10, 2005 - 08:25 AM

Not sure whats going on, but in the spring i painted my frame black and i might've hit some of the wiring for the kill switch i dont know.. but the kill switch no longer works. Not a big problem but its kind of nice to have.. Anyone know what i should do? :)

• flintlock28

Posted July 10, 2005 - 08:53 AM

Get an Ohmmeter (Mult-meter), and check to make sure that the switch is working. My guess is that maybe you got paint overspray underneath the switch, and when you push it down, the excess paint is preventing electrical contact. just a guess, the meter will tell you if the switch is bad.

• Hick

Posted July 10, 2005 - 11:44 AM

Also, you may have killed the ground contact at the coil mount. Rub some of the paint off here and try that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XriderR00

Posted July 10, 2005 - 01:50 PM

I didn't paint up by the bars but i dont think its that..

• DoctorRzed

Posted July 10, 2005 - 04:38 PM

Why would you paint the frame w/out everything taken off of it??? :)

• XriderR00

Posted July 10, 2005 - 09:10 PM

Why would you paint the frame w/out everything taken off of it??? :applause:

Because it was much easier and less time consuming.. i took off the rads and seat, tank, and all that stuff then just taped everything off.

• Chills

Posted July 10, 2005 - 09:14 PM

Just a note, but check the Bullet connector that connects the kill switch in to the wiring. I believe they are bullet connectors, i.e. corrosion, unpluged, ect, also check for any fraying of the wires or a possible break in the wire, but that can be veified with you multimeter...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.