leaking WR400

25 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted July 15, 2005 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the pics :applause: so the clear hose fits loosely enough that the pressure goes up and out?

• Yamaha WR400F

Posted July 15, 2005 - 04:02 PM

The original hose was cut back, you can see it through the clear hose.
The clear hose goes up to the bottomn of the radiator.
Water would have to be pretty deep.
I'm sure theres room at the top for air to escape, plus there's room at the bottomn for air to escape, oil to drain.
That way I can take the plug out and drain the oil other than on my skid plate.
It's not perfect, but it was a quick, simple fix.
Plus I have not stalled yet going across water since I installed it.
It's been on for around 2 months, no problems.

• byggd

Posted July 18, 2005 - 05:58 AM

Cool :applause: I'll see what I can find at church (also known as home depot because I go there every sunday :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • storm 800

Posted July 20, 2005 - 02:08 PM

On top of that 50cent size spot from the breather tube have you noticed a little bit in the airbox drain after a ride? Not a lot of oil but a little in the tube! Thease are sure differnt from a 2 stroke! But it is fun! :applause:

• Yamaha WR400F

Posted July 21, 2005 - 01:47 AM

Never really noticed any in the tube, too mutch oil on the filter?

• storm 800

Posted July 21, 2005 - 02:23 AM

Could be! But you would think it would get sucked in! I only notice thease things after riding for a while. Still is a lot of fun.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.