Exhaust fitment question

1 reply to this topic
  • xcracer123

Posted July 09, 2005 - 01:26 PM

Will a complete exhaust from a 02 YZ450F fit a 04 WR450f? Just wondering since I can get one super cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MattyH

Posted July 20, 2005 - 04:45 AM

aside from the muffler mounting bolts in the then steel '02 subframe not lining up theres no reason why the old exhaust wont fit the new bike, the head casting is the same so you should be sweet there. like i said though, its just the mounting points in the frame that have the potential to cause dramas, though i have seen the forward frame bolthole modified on a wr400 to take a muffler from a '02 426. its amazing what you can do with a thick washer and a welder!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.