"JPR" stabilizer?

6 replies to this topic
  • bobwombat

Posted March 05, 2001 - 01:36 PM

Has anyone heard of "JPR" steering stabilizers?

it's obvious quality & usefulness aside, my buddy & i were lamenting the relative high cost of the Scott's unit (approx 10% cost of the bike) & he mentioned a number of local desert riders were going to the more affordable JPR unit. anyone heard of this? thx, forum!

• Hick

Posted March 05, 2001 - 02:30 PM

GPR

A buddy of mine ran one, for the first time, in the Baja 2000 on his XR. I’d never seen one so I asked him about it and he said it worked as well as the Scott’s, which he has several years of experience with. The only mounting kit available at that time (remember this was several months ago now) was a weld-on for stock top clamp (and bar position). My 6’3” friend did NOT like that, but said they were making a new mount. He is a sponsored rider so he didn’t choose to run the GPR, it was given to him.

Another friend of mine then decided to try one on his KX but they only had a weld-on mount available, this was only last week. He did not ask about any other bikes, however.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted March 06, 2001 - 05:50 AM

Who can we contact to get more info

Originally posted by Hick:
GPR

A buddy of mine ran one, for the first time, in the Baja 2000 on his XR. I’d never seen one so I asked him about it and he said it worked as well as the Scott’s, which he has several years of experience with. The only mounting kit available at that time (remember this was several months ago now) was a weld-on for stock top clamp (and bar position). My 6’3” friend did NOT like that, but said they were making a new mount. He is a sponsored rider so he didn’t choose to run the GPR, it was given to him.

Another friend of mine then decided to try one on his KX but they only had a weld-on mount available, this was only last week. He did not ask about any other bikes, however.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cueball

Posted March 06, 2001 - 06:05 AM

I found this website with it...
http://www.americand...m/newpage11.htm

Anybody know who manufactures it??

• BruceWA

Posted March 06, 2001 - 07:51 AM

Contact Sports Tracks Co., 12775 Foothill Blvd., Sylmar, CA 91342, 800 284-8473 fax 818 361-3167.
Fairly certain that this is the manufacturer. This info is from their ad in Cycle News.
Friend of mine had a GPR on his XR650, and has since seen the light, sold the XR and is buying a WR426. Rode his XR and the GPR seemed to work well from my limited experience. PS - I have a Scotts on my WR.

• UTAH426

Posted March 06, 2001 - 12:30 PM

I have a GPR and it seems to work very well for me. The bolt on mount that I got doesnt work very well with the bar position that I am running(The position furthest forward). I have never tried a scotts, so I can not give a comparison of the two. However, I have noticed that quite a few people are running them in the desert races, so they must work for them as well. GPR does have a website, but I don't remember what the address is. They can be ordered through www.dh1racing.com. Hope this helps.

• BruceWA

Posted March 06, 2001 - 12:43 PM

FYI. My friend that had a GPR on his XR650 had to build his own mounting hardware, since he does alot of fabrication, it was really nice (a great friend to have also :)). The one shipped with the damper needed some grinding. This was almost a year ago, so my guess is that GPR now builds a mount that works.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.