Fuel mixture screw

10 replies to this topic
  • bluesbrother

Posted July 07, 2005 - 07:18 PM

could anyone tell me where this screw is on a 05 wr450 :) thanks

• clark4131

Posted July 07, 2005 - 07:34 PM

For the '05, there's a small silver plug over the port that you have to remove and then you can get to the screw. Look at the Yamaha Parts diagram for the '05 carburetor here and you'll see where it's located. It's part number 24, "pilot screw set." Most of us have put in a Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw for convenience unless you like having to pull your carb every time you want to adjust the screw...SC

• Matty05

Posted July 08, 2005 - 02:38 AM

mine had no plug????

It is in the tiny hole just infront (engine side) of the float bowl drain plug on the bottom of the carb.

Get the Zip-Ty screw BEFORE you go to adjust it! Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted July 08, 2005 - 03:20 AM

Dont forget the spring, washer and O-ring from and 04 or 03 stock fuel screw to use with the Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw! :)

• bluesbrother

Posted July 08, 2005 - 07:08 PM

thanks alot guys for the location i already have a msr fuel mixture screw thanks again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted July 08, 2005 - 09:32 PM

Dont forget the spring, washer and O-ring from and 04 or 03 stock fuel screw to use with the Zip-Ty adjustable fuel screw! :)

I used my '05 spring, washer and o-ring. Have I missed something???

• walent215

Posted July 09, 2005 - 04:32 AM

I used my '05 spring, washer and o-ring. Have I missed something???

no you should be fine

• rushfan

Posted July 09, 2005 - 05:18 AM

How did you guys remove the plug to get to the screw? I haven't even paid that much attention to it yet, but I know there is a plug. On my street bike, I used my drill with a small bit and drilled through it ( very slowly ) until I hit bottom and pulled it straight out while it was still on the bit. Will this work the same for the wr? :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted July 09, 2005 - 08:12 AM

How did you guys remove the plug to get to the screw? I haven't even paid that much attention to it yet, but I know there is a plug. On my street bike, I used my drill with a small bit and drilled through it ( very slowly ) until I hit bottom and pulled it straight out while it was still on the bit. Will this work the same for the wr? :)

On mine i threaded a sheetrock screw into the hole of the disc and pulled it out. I was expecting alittle trouble but it came out real easy :)

• motodude42

Posted July 10, 2005 - 02:34 PM

I used a small little pick and worked it back and forth after spraying a little WD40 on it. Came out fairly easy.

• bluesbrother

Posted July 12, 2005 - 12:15 PM

i've pulled the plug then turned the screw to the bottom and backed it out and it won't fall out the hole.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.